Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Getting to Know You


Basics

1. Who is your man? David Thomas Eastman

2. How long have you been together? We met spring of 1997, kind of dated on and off for 5 years and have been married for almost six. Wow it's been so long, it's hard to imagine eternity (in a good way).

3. How old is your man? 32


You or your man?

1. Who eats more? Probably me, I love to eat. Where Dave forgets to eat lunch a lot of days. I would never "forget" to eat.

2. Who said "I love you" first? This is a little foggy. I think he did, he thinks I did. He chased after me for 4 years then finally gave up and said forget it, then I had to beg him to come back and marry me the last year that we dated. (you always want what you can't have)

3. Who weighs more? Dave, just barely though, which is sad since he's about 7 inches taller than me.

4. Who sings better? Definitely Dave, I can't carry a tune for the life of me.

5. Who's older? Dave by a year and 4 months.

6. Who's smarter? Well I like to think I am in most things, but Dave was in school for almost 30 years so book wise he probably is:)

7. Who's temper is worse? It's about equal, neither one of us have bad tempers. Dave can definitely lose it every now and then and I'm all about just being emotional.

8. Who does the laundry? I do. Dave will help fold every so often.

9. Who does the dishes? I do mostly, Dave helps quite often. To be fare to Dave he does clean all the bathrooms every week and dusts. (I don't think I've cleaned a bathroom since we've been married)

10. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Me. Dave tries to sometimes because it's closer to the TV, but I have to. In hotels I have to sleep on which ever side is closer to the bathroom.

11. Who's feet are bigger? Dave's! He has a gigantic big toe!, which unfortunately our girls have inherited

12. Who hair is longer? Mine, although Dave did have hair down to his shoulders the first year we were married.

13. Who's better with the computer? Dave, I'm not very good.

14. Who mows the lawn? Dave. I did once thought when Dave hurt his back. He didn't think I could do it and it was a peice of cake.

15. Who pays the bills? I do, I'm more on top of it and like to know how much money we have, or don't.

16. Who cooks dinner? Me. Dave will every blue moon. Neither of us enjoy cooking.

17. Who drives when you are together? Mostly Dave, but I like to drive a lot too.

18. Who pays when you go out to dinner? Whoever feels like getting their wallet out. I usaully always leave the tip though.

19. Who's the most stubborn? Dave would say me, but we are both very stubborn. Not a good thing and does not make for a fast make up when we get in a fight.

20. Who is the first to admit when they're wrong? We both think we're right most the time so it's just whoever gets sick of not talking first.

21. Who's parents do you see more? Mine, almost every week. Dave's live in Oregon.

22. Who named your dog? Dave. He first named her Makita then that too long to say so we changed to to Meeka.

23. Who kissed who first? Dave kissed me, on our couch in Hawaii.

24. Who asked who out? We didn't really go on a "date" for a long time, we always just "hung out" with a bunch of friends.

25. What did you do? Well the first time we actually hung out, was in Hawaii, me, Dawn and Nancy were out on the town and decided we didn't want to drive back to the north shore so we got a hotel room. Four guys decided to come and join us, one of them being Dave. So all seven of us slept in one bed (2 queens pushed together), and the next day we rented mopeds and went to Hanama Bay. Awesome first date, if you can call it that.

26. Who's more sensitive? For sure me!! Maybe a bit too much.

27. Who's taller? Dave's 6'4", I'm 5'9"

28. Who has more friends? I do. Dave's not very social. He wouln't mind if he sat at home by himself every weekend.

29. Who has more siblings? Dave has 6, I have 4

30. Who wears the pants in the relationship? That's a hard one, we're pretty equal.


It would be interesting to have Dave fill out the same questions and see how he would answer them. We have our hard times, but I wouldn't trade Dave for the world. He is seriously the best husband ever and is always trying so hard. We have our differences but thats what makes our family perfect.

3 comments:

jbel said...

Big Wave Dave- I just found your site on the internet. We started blogging too (www.belnapbusiness.blogspot.com)It's so fun to see your family and what you've been up to. Actually, you guys seems to have had the same winter as we did (our 2-yr.old had pneumonia and we've been stuck in the house with sick kids for one and a half weeks currently. So goes the life of a mother, right Kimber? Take care guys ... look us up when you visit Cali 'cause we're movin' there this summer (prob. to Carlsbad).
Later- Little Jen

The Becker Bunch said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!! I love it! You guys have such a great story! What a perfect couple...I love how you say you have your differences...it's SO true!! That's what makes us all match so perfectly!

Amanda said...

I just love you guys! The cutest family ever! I miss you guys! I can't believe I haven't seen your little girls yet! Madix is getting so big!

Oh and the cuffs are on the way! (Made one for Tyler :).

They are on the house!

LOVE YOU