Sunday, May 2, 2010

Catch Up

I try and do a post every week so I don't get behind. It's crazy how fast you can get behind then it's too hard to catch up, kind of like Madix's baby book that I haven't done for 2 years and REALLY want to get it caught up, but it's too much.
It's only been 2 weeks, but a busy 2 weeks.
I started teaching swim lessons this last week. I wasn't gonna start untill after the baby but Tami's family talked me into doing a session in her sis n laws heated pool before baby. So I started last week, 2 classes, 12 kids and I am very pleased at how everyones doing. It's amazing how fast little kids can pick up swimming. All but the 17 month old can get (I don't know if you would call it swim), but they can all get to the side wall from about 5ft in the pool all by themselves. It's all about being able to save themselves if they fall in a pool, and they all could! I have 3 more classes with them this week.
Back to last weekend, my and Dave's trip to UT for his sister's graduation.

Amanda is the youngest of the 7 siblings and is so amazing, talented and smart. Dave was the first in Eastman history to graduate from college. It was a big deal and great inspiration for his sisters. Amanda said since the day she sat at Dave's graduation, he was her inspiration to graduate herself. And she did it, Congratulations Amanda!!!




All the siblings were there except one brother, Stacey, who was in Hawaii.

Me and Deirdre, she's due about 2 weeks after me having a baby girl also!!



Dave's cute sister's showing off these cute hair clips that Amanda makes.

We ate lots of yummy food there. Dinner at Rib City (amazing ribs).


Out for YUMMY icecream. Dre, me, Mike and Amanda


Michelle, her little girl Maile and Dave


And bowling with all the fam. I actually just watched, but Dre bowled, go Dre.
We had so much fun spending time with Dave's family and had a wonderful weekend (4 days) in SLC with no kids. It was a nice break before the 3rd one comes.


I even got to meet up and have lunch with my Hawaii girls (Dawn and Nancy). These are the 2 girls I spent 2 months in Hawaii with (the best 2 months ever mostly cause that's where I met Dave:)

This is for you Dawn and Nance:) This is the first night that we ever hung out with Dave. This is probably about, I don't know 2am, after we snuck in and got kicked out of a pool.
Dave and I also celebrated our 9 year anniversary this week! We would've never thought the Dave (surf bum) we knew in Hawaii would turn out to be such an amazing person. He is definently the best thing that has ever happened in my life! And is the most incredible husband and dad EVER!!!

ALSO, I got a new nephew this week! My sister Kacey had an adorable baby boy Jace, born April 28th. She was scheduled to go in that night to get induced but ended up going into labor on her own earlier that day.

Tyler and baby Jace

Mads and Jace. Madix is SO into babydolls right now, she is always carying around a baby doll and taking care of her babydoll (singin to, reading to, putting to bed) it's so cute! So she's enthralled with babies. Hopefully that will be a help when baby Tayt comes. But she might not want to ever leave her alone either.

Kiss for baby Jace.

AND me at 36 weeks. I'm thinking I'll get induced May 26th, (if I don't have it sooner, I'm due the 29th), so just 3 and a half weeks!! After meeting baby Jace I'm even more anxious to meet baby Tayt. And, it was fun for a bit, but I'm about ready to have my body back:)!

Today after church, they spend a good hour out back each day looking for bugs.

5 comments:

Rochelle said...

I'm excited to see baby Tayt too! I can't wait to see you in June...Its been a long year without seeing anyone from AZ.

Nielsen Family said...

GREAT update. It was fun seeing you two last week. How exciting the time is nearing for your new little one. Loves.

Tami G. said...

You're an awesome swim teacher Kimber! Thanks for squeezing a session in for us. I'm so happy and relieved that our kids will start the summer well prepared to swim. And I can't wait for baby Tayt!

Dawn said...

Lunch was so FUN! Glad you had time to reunite the hawaiian trio. I'm dying at the flashback photo. That may be the worst picture of me EVER! Oh well, it was a memorable night. Look at all the good that has come from that night of hanging out! Can't wait to meet your beautiful baby Tayt. Good luck! Love ya!

Toria said...

love the re-cap. I love when people post flashback pics- that hawaii one is great- (Dawn you look cute).
I'm excited for you and your new baby!