Saturday, May 29, 2010

Tayte's first week......

It's been a pretty easy first week cause all she does is this....

oh the life of a newborn

I lay her down on the ground with no blankie on her to try and wake her up, but she is just dead to the world

Oh I love this stage where they will just sleep anywhere and always cuddle with you and never give you any grief. Too bad it doesn't last longer, I know any day now she's gonna start waking up more.

She had her first doctors apt. last Mon. She weighed 6lbs 7oz (lost 8 oz) and they measured her length 20 1/2 (which means she grew an inch? I don't think they measured her right at the hospital.) Everything looked good, except they said she had a little jaundice and wanted me to go right to the lab to do a blood test. So I had to hold her while they poked her than squeezed blood out of her heel for like 3 minutes, so sad:(

The dr. called me that afternoon and said she's right on the borderline of her jaundice being ok or not, so he wanted me to go back to the lab the next day and do another test to see if it got any better. Poor baby! I hated having to do that again! But luckily the results turned out better, so no more.

They told us to lay her in the sun a little bit each day to help with her jaundice.


I think she likes it. Starting early, our bathing beauty.

Her big sisters just love her to death. I set her down on the ground and leave for a minute and everytime I come back to this. They always want to be right by her.

And this, playing peek a boo

and whenever she cries, they sing her a song

And this was the cutest. Madix got her favorite nursery rhyme book and set it up in front of Tayte and her and Ty took turns singing them to her.

She reunited with cousin Jace who is just about 2 1/2 weeks older than her. Crazy to think they were just in heaven together waiting to come to earth.

just cuddling with cuz, Jace didn't seem to mind

first bath, wasn't a big fan of it. Dave held her while I washed and she peed all over him:)

She was happy once she got all covered and warm. Nothing like a freshly bathed baby!

Dave is home for 5 days! it's so wonderful! and the girls have loved having him home. He has done such a good job playing with the older girls so they don't feel left out. He took them to the zoo and here he is having a sleepover on the tramp! They had lots of treats and popcorn and a movie. The girls were SOOOO excited. Mads only lasted about an hour than came inside with me, but to my surprise Dave and Ty slept out there all night. What a good dad he is!

7 comments:

Nielsen Family said...

He is great Dad! I loved having those trampoline sleep overs when I was little. Makes me want to get one. She is adorable and how wonderfully perfect...three little princesses. I can not wait to hole her and see the other two. Loves.

Tami G. said...

Oh, that just melts my heart. What sweet sisters - this is kind of a reunion for them too. I bet they were best friends in heaven before they came here. And now they get to grow up together. Dave is awesome. You didn't tell me she had a jaundice scare. Glad she's getting better.

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

so fun. She is beautiful! love the photos of all three ladies.

Amanda said...

So cute! Thanks for describing her first week! That was so much fun to read! Dave is such a cute dad—love him! That was so precious about Mads singing to her!

Rochelle said...

I'm glad the jaundice is going away...that is always such a scary thing. Love the bathing beauty comment!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Congrats Kimber! She is darling! Lucky girl with two doting big sisters. That's what I had, and it's the best!

Nancy said...

Kimber looks like things are going well, glad my old blanket is holding up for you! So fun of Dave to do a sleep out on the tramp, what a good dad.