Monday, March 3, 2008

AHHHHHHHHH!!!

Does anyone ever feel like they're gonna lose it? This is how I felt tonight.




On my way home Tyler decided to try and take her shirt off in the car. She got it about half way off, then the car seat was in the way so it was stuck half way on her. She threw a fit for about 10 minutes until we got home- ahhhhh!.
Then I get home to find Meeka has gotten in our garbage and in our pantry to help herself to a bag of chips which she takes to the carpet to tear up and chip crumbs everywhere- ahhhhh!
I put Tyler in her pj's and she throws a fit because she doesn't want to wear a shirt and was getting so mad because she couldn't get this one off by herself. I try not to give into her and just let her scream. While Madix is crying unless I'm sitting right by her,and then she just wants to crawl ALL over me ALL the time- ahhhhhh!
Finally after 10 minutes of Tyler screaming I yanked her shirt off her- ahhhhh! She said so sweetly "okay mommy". Still I had had it, so I put her to bed with no shirt on.
15 minutes later I just kept thinking she's gonna get cold in the night, so I went in there and told her she has to put a shirt on, she said "ok mommy", I think she knew I had it.
This was an hour ago and I just went up stairs to hear them both just sitting in their cribs talking and playing happily. If only I could be a little kid and just play in my crib.
I have finally calmed down but had to vent. Just one of those nights when you want to yell ahhhhhh!!

10 comments:

Rochelle said...

Everybody has those days. Toddlers are so cute, but so fickle. Alyssa was having a fit the other day because her shoes "NOT WORKING" I still don't know what the problem was. crazy kids. Keep hanging in there.
Rochelle
p.s. Madix was so cute in church with the babbling..too adorable

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the club, girlfriend. That's why God made little kids so cute. They can bring you out of a bad mood as fast as they put you in one!

Donna said...

It always feels better to vent. I LOVE that picture!! Me and my husband are always saying that Aidan has OCD. He freaks out about the weirdest things. Don't you just love children?!

The Becker Bunch said...

What a great post...we ALL have those days!! I think you handles it GREAT...I would have screamed...ahhhhhhhh!! I DO scream!! HAHAH, I hope your day is a bit better than the day before!! Your kiddos are SO cute...it's hard to "enjoy" them 24/7 though! At least thats' how I feel!!

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

Thank you so much for posting this Kimber! You make me feel normal!!On days and nights like that I always question whether or not I'm really cut out for all this "mommy stuff". It sounds like you handled it all quite well :o)

Elise and Dan said...

Thanks for posting such a "real" post! We all have those days! I had one of those AAHHH!! days on Sunday! I could hardly wait to put both of them to bed! Blogging is the best--you can totally vent how you are feeling! Hope you don't have one of those days anytime soon!

andreamatrix said...

And all of this after spending a day with 8th graders. Deep breath. Lots of chocolate!

Amie said...

I'm with all of you on this one, especially Holly. There are days I wonder what the Lord was thinking when he allowed me to get pregnant at all! I have to put myself in timeout before I explode at my children. Sometimes I don't get to timeout fast enough...and it happens anyway. About the subbing, I HEAR YOU. I once subbed for 7th and 8th grade P.E. and ended up leaving in tears. Who knew girls could be so awful so young. I actually had to report some threats they made to me. NEVER AGAIN! If I ever go back to subbing, it will be for 5 grade and younger! Good luck with it!

Nancy said...

I still have those days even with one four year old! Lots of yelling, no patience, and even a few tears, and that's just on my part!

mph said...

I definitely would have screamed and not just thought it! By the way, I love your blog. I love Hawaii too. I have only been there twice in my life, but that was enough to know it is the most beautiful place I've ever seen and the people are the nicest and most laid back. There were lots of Polynesian sisters in my mission and I loved all of them.