Wednesday, March 19, 2008

BABY NAMES....TAGGED!

Tagged by Nikki
The tag is to say HOW/WHY we chose the baby names we did.
Tyler Ele (Ty Ty)



I got the name Tyler (for a girl) from the movie "Point Break". I saw it in highschool and loved the movie.

The surfer girl in the movie was named Tyler. Since then I always just loved that name for a girl. (I love boy names for girls) and Dave always liked it too, so that was always gonna be the name of our first girl.
Ele (pronounced Elee) is after Daves Grandma, Eleanor, who passed away a few months before Tyler was born. She was such a cute, fun grandma and always impressed me by how bright she was and had the best memory ever. (Tyler is extremely bright and has the best memory, so I like to think she got it from her great grandma Eleanor).

Madix Kai (Mads)


When I was pregnant with Mads we were just driving in the car one day trying to think of cool, different girl names and Dave just thought of Madix and we both loved it.


We always wanted a Hawaii name, since we met in Hawaii and we love it so much, so "Kai" means ocean in Hawaiian.

I tag..... Deirdre, Stephanie F., Holly and Nancy, or anyone who would like to tell about their kids names, I would love to read about your names.

4 comments:

andreamatrix said...

Excellent. I loved Point Break too. I've totally been blog lurking on your family. Are you related to that Eastman Resort? I think I want to live there....

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

Kimber I did the baby name tag you have to scroll through quite few posts today, I was feeling nostalgic about sisters and friends.

Love,
dre

mph said...

Cute names for cute girls!!

Steph Weaver said...

Fun to hear about your names...I taught a primary lesson recently and asked all my kids what the history behind their names were. Surprisingly, all 9 of them knew why they were names what they were and knew the history. It was so interesting and I loved hearing about it!