Monday, March 1, 2010

Best Friends


Today in the car Ty got mad at Madix for something dumb, then Madix asked "but are you still my best friend?" Ty said, "yes, I'm just mad right now".
Don't get me wrong, they definitely have their bad times of fighting and hitting and stealing toys and NOT being nice, BUT I have to say the majority of the time they are just best buddies and are so cute together.

This is right after Mads was born, Ty was only 15 months. I love how close in age they are. Maybe Ty was too little, but she never was jelous or had anykind of problem accepting a new baby in our house. Just loved her from the very first day.

This is just one of my favorite pics of them.

Ty likes to "try" and hold Mads. When I drop them off at the gym if Madix is ever sad, Ty says "I'll hold you Madix:)". Theresa (lady over the day care at the gym) told me she's never seen 2 sisters have such a bond. (oh, that made me so happy to hear)

The other night they sat outside the office while I was on the computer and played so cute for the longest time. Madix would try and read books to Ty and the animals and Ty would help her, then they would sing songs. I don't think there's a better sound in the world than to listen to that. I wish I would've recorded it.

This is last night when they were getting dressed, they just thought it was HILLARIOUS to have their shirts on their heads and just laughed and laughed.

Ty has had her own big bed in her own room for over a year now, but refuses to sleep on it. She only wants to sleep on the floor next to Madix's crib. We finally put a pad down on the floor once we realized it was permanent. One night I went in there and Ty was laying in Madix's crib in front of Madix with her shirt up and Madix tickling Tyler's back.
Again, I feel like I'm bragging a lot about what great girls I have. Ty was actually super, super naughty at the gym the other day and they definitely have their share of problems. I just can't help but to take in and share the bond and sweetnes they have with eachother.

Me at 27 weeks! I just really hope and pray they except Tayt (yup, that's the name we've decided), into their little twosome. That's what I'm most worried about.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm sure they will LOVE her! Cute name! All of those sweet stories almost made me cry—so special! Just remind them of those days when they get older, if they ever grow apart. :)

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

Loved this post, so special. Nothing like sisters! I LOVE that dress you must let me know where you got it!

Toria said...

you look great kimber! it's great when siblings have such a fun bond and we just have to pray it continues. Asher and Ivy are the same way and I continually try to figure out what I need to do/ or not do, to keep that going forever.

Mitch and Linda... said...

Sisters are the BEST! and they really are cute with eachother! Tayt will be so spoiled by both of them..she will fit right in!

Nancy said...

They are so cute, and so fun for them to be so close in age, I bet they'll love little Tayt! And cute name, you look great, such a cute dress.

Rochelle said...

Cute! I love the name you've picked!