Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ty's Birthday Part II

So for Ty's b-day we took a little trip to Cali. (thanks Ty for choosing that, it was a GREAT trip for all of us).

The first day we were there (her actual b-day) we went to Legoland.

Dave and Ty on a ride.

This was hillarious! You're supposedto be 3 to drive these cars, we just said Madix was 3. She didn't do too bad, just need work on the stearing. As you can see Tyler wasn't any better, both of them cutting other kids off. We just sat there and laughed at them.

Me and Mads on the helicopter.

That afternoon my parents met us in CA and my dad bought us all some beautiful flowers for Valentines Day.

Monday we went to the beach. We couldn't have asked for better weather. It was perfect.

Ty would try and fill her bottles with water, but she wouldn't go very far in the water so she would mostly scoop up sand.

Dave building them a sand castle.

We stayed at an amazing resort in Escondido, The Lawrence Welk Resort. Escondido isn't the best area in CA, but this resort made up for it and it was farely close to everything we did. We had a big 2 bedroom place and this was our view right outside our back patio door.

We sat out on our patio and played cards enjoying the beautiful weather and watching the girls play by the pond.

Tyler loved feeding the ducks!



Disneyland Day!!





Yay, we're at Disneyland!! Tyler didn't want to stop for anymore pictures, she just wanted to get to the rides.

MICKEY

Going in through the castle.

TIGGER

MINNIE

PLUTO (they LOVED seeing all the characters)

Pirate's, Madix had her mouth covered most the time. They (even more so Tyler) were pretty scared of most the rides. Peter Pan was our first ride and Ty was so scared afterwords:) We explained it was just fake, so every ride she would ask a million time is this fake or real? They were really fun though. Such a fun age to take them to Disneyland!

On the boat ride. Before we went on it she said "this is the ride with the jumping fish" She totally remembered from the year before. She has such a good memory.

My favorite and I think Tyler's, The Tea Cups!! She was soooo funny to watch. Dave spun us super fast and Ty was just crackin up laughing!

Then this was Madix's face:) She wasn't too sure about it.

Ty got to pick something out from the store this hat is what she picked. Me and Dave were just most excited about the food..... big, huge, fried corndogs, pickles, mickey icecream, dole pineapple whip, popcorn, frozen lemonade, mmmmmmm. What a great day at DL. They both did so good, even Mads with no nap.

Wednesday, our last day, we just hung out by the pool. Did I mention this resort had 6 huge pools, with big water slides and heated. Mads with her hat. This was the perfect pool for Madix to sit and play in.

Ty going down the waterslide. It took her a couple of minutes to remember how to swim, but than after that she was everywhere and couldn't get enough.

Oh really, do we have to go home next?:(



HAPPY BIRTHDAY TY!!!
And just cause this post isn't already long enough, this is my time to brag a bit and tell a little about Ty as she turns 4.
*She goes to preschool one day a week and is doing so well learning all her letters and sounds. She has this new game she always plays where I have to guess what she's talking about and she can always tell me what letter it starts with.
*She can spell and write her name, and knows her phone number.
*She is a piece maker. In sunbeams the teacher tells me if 2 kids are fighting she'll stick Tyler in the middle of them.
*Kids love her! Also her teacher tells me all the kids fight over to sit next to Tyler. And I've had about 4 moms tell me their boys have a crush on Tyler.
*She's a people pleaser. She's ALWAYS asking me, "mom are you happy at me?"
*She's quick to say sorry. A lot of kids have a hard time saying sorry. She knows as soon as she does something wrong and yells out "SORRY!" Or tells me sorry 10 times and asks if I'm still happy at her.
*She is such a good big sister. If they fight, it's usually cuz Madix causes it. But she's really good at helping Mads when she can't do something or lately she tries to explain alot of things to her. The daycare lady at the gym tells me Ty always watches out for Madix.
*Her favorite color is blue, and she's not into any girly stuff. She doesn't like dolls or want anything to do with playing dressup. She loves animals, exploring outside and is so excited to start soccer.
*She LOVES to talk! Even when she has nothing to say. She ALWAYS says, "mom" and half the time she really has nothing to say, so she just says "I love you" (which I can't complain about). When we were staying at the resort, she went out to the pond one morning where an older lady was fishing and sat and talked to her for a good half hour. She finally came back in and said, "mom my friend might meet us at the beach":)
*She is such a good girl and very considerate. In the mornings if I'm still asleep or on Saturdays, when she wakes up early, she'll come and quietly close our door and put on a movie all by herself, making sure she doesn't wake us up. She's been doing that since she was 3!
*EATING.... this could be a whole post. Ty has the most bizzare taste for a little girl. She has alway been a really good eater, she loves to eat. Her favorite breakfast is a fried egg sandwhich with fetta cheese, lime juice and hot sauce. She loves Dave's greek breakfast with greek olives. Her favorite snack on road trips is beef jerky. She loves almonds and tomatos and banana peppers! (yup she'll just eat the peppers out of the jar). Her "treat" one day if she was good was grapefruit (not candy). The morning we went to Disneyland my dad (who I'm sure her taste buds take after) made her a tomato sandwhich on jalepeno bread!! and she loved it. Then we go to Disneyland and she says no to icecream all day. Dave had to MAKE her take a bite of his mickey icecream.
*She is one Silly, Amazing, Smart, Beautiful girl that we love to death!!!!

10 comments:

The Price Family said...

Too cute! Glad you guys had a good trip celebrating Ty's birthday. :) I hope you were able to go on some fun rides! I forgot all about that until I saw you're little prego belly at Disneyland. I'm starting to salivate now over that Dole Pineapple whip...so tasty!

Nielsen Family said...

So fun! We sure love her and maile called and wished her happy birthday on dave's phone.

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

How fun. You got me all excited for our Disney World trip. Great photos and that place was super great! Loved those cute pink shoes, you dress your girls so cute! You look great BTW.

Elise and Dan said...

I am so glad you had a fun family trip celebrating Tyler's B-day. She is such an adorable little girl! And from what you wrote about her, she sounds like an angel! And you look great!

Nancy said...

What a fun way to celebrate a birthday! We're going to CA sometime in the next couple of months so this made me excited!

The Three Peas said...

Wow..her birthdays just get better and better each year, it doesn't hurt that mom and dad get to enjoy it stress free eh? And don't knock Escondido...there's beauty beyond the I15 and the North County Fair..like Meaghan's childhood home and High School ;-)

Happy Birthday Ty!!

Dawn said...

What a great birthday! Your girls are so beautiful and growing up so fast. You are going to LOVE having another baby in the house. I really had forgotten how much I love it! Seeing the picture with your family out on the patio playing cards really made me miss our hawaii time playing cards. You guys are always so much fun to be with! Glad life is treating you well. You look great as usual and so good pregnant! Miss you tons. Say hello to Dave for me. What a cute little family you guys have. I always love looking at the fun things your family is doing. Ty's funny poses reminded me of my girls at that age. It must me an age thing. Miss you!!

I also loved reading the story about you and Ty. It is a great story and will always be a special bond for you and Ty. I am so grateful you and Ty are both here with us. Love you!

Tami G. said...

Sure love that family. The girls were dressed so cute at DL. And I bet you made those darling hair clips - nice!

Heidi and Jace said...

What a fun trip! I love the pictures of the girls. It's so fun to watch them absorb Disneyland. Ha!

Melanie said...

What a cute Family you have Kimber, what a fun trip to DL! Your girls will remember this kind of stuff forever!