Friday, February 6, 2009

FINALLY movin on up to a BIG bed AND 1st day of school!

So Tyler turns 3 next week and she was STILL sleeping in a crib just until 3 days ago. I loved having her in a crib and she loved being in her crib. Never once has she tried to climb out. So I was a little nervous that she would really miss her crib, but so far so good. I'm actually really glad I kept her in a crib for so long. She's so well trained and used to staying in her crib that she STAYS in her bed, and I mean stays. I don't think she even knows that she can get out. We lay her down and she has not once gotten out by herself. She stays in bed until I come and get her the next morning or after her nap. If she needs something, like needs to go potty or one time I forgot to give her her froggy, and she just sat in bed and yelled for me. The transfer has been so nice and easy, I hope she never figures out that she can actually get out of bed and come out of her room by herself:)

She LOVES her "big" bed. The first couple of days she was ASKING to go to bed and to take a nap.

So I decided while we're getting big beds we my as well get 2 couse Madix will be there shortly (well not if I keep Mads in a crib till she's 3 too), but I just wanted it all set up and ready for them to share a room. And maybe there will be another baby by then to take Madix's crib and room. (no I'm not pregnant)
I found these really cute Hawaiian bedspreads, so their room is in the process of turning into Hawaii.

First Day of School!!
Well preschool or ABC school or joy school. (I don't know what to call it) Good thing she moved out of her crib before she started school, that could've been embarassing:)

She was SOOOO excited to go to school with her new backpack and crayons and scissors and glue inside.

Madix was excited for Tyler too, she got her little backpack


So we got to Jessica's house and Ty asked where the school was and where the teacher was. Kind of sad, she thought she was going to a "real" school with a "real" teacher. But once she sat down and Jess started teaching, Tyler did so good. I was so proud of her. She really particpated and answered questions.
That night Dave asked her what she learned and she said "A says craaaaaaaaaaab". That's so funny cause we never talked about crab once, I don't know where she got that, but at leaste she learned "A" says "aaaaaaaaa".




Just going to get the mail, they each have to push their strollers.










6 comments:

Jenny Roberts said...

So cute. You are lucky that she doesn't try to get out of bed by herself. Your girls are adorable.

Natalie said...

I love those milestones! They are definitely part of the reward of being a mom. Your girls are darling!

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

love the bedspreads and backpacks! That bed spread looks like a bigger versions of Ashton's. so Fun school already!

Nancy said...

I'm loving the bedspreads, glad you guys keep the Aloha spirit alive.

Rochelle said...

Awesome that Tyler doesn't know that she can get out of bed. That is always our biggest battle as we make the transition..kiddos that keep coming out. BTW, our trip to the mailbox looks very very very similar.

mph said...

Those pics are so cute! Reminds me of when my girls were that age! I did the same thing you did - bought Jessica a backpack too so she didn't feel left out.