Thursday, February 12, 2009

Half my crazy week done, half to go

This week is a fully packed crazy, stressful week and I'm glad the craziness is done.

Me and Dave celebrated Valentines Day last Sat. We decided that since Tylyer's b-day is on actual V-Day that we need to make that her special day. So we went out on a nice date Sat. Dave got me a really cute necklace with a sweet meaning behind it. Thanks babe, I love you!


Monday: this was my one day to go to the gym. Did I mention we just booked a cruise for our anniversary in April. Southern Carribbean. I'm so excited. So I need to hit the gym double time.
Tuesday: was Tyler's birthday party. This was my biggest concern. We invited 10 kids over for 2 hours (plus younger sibblings, so really 18 kids). Then I talked to my sister and she told me way too many kids and 45 minutes is plenty long enough for little kids. "Aaaaaah", what was I thinking. I was so worried it would be a disaster.
And it WAS really crazy but turned out good and it was lots of fun.

We started out back with bubbles. Thanks moms for blowing bubbles.





Then we played pin the tail on the donkey. I didn't think 2 yr olds could walk blind folded, but they all did pretty good. (we didn't spin them)


Presents. Thanks so much for all the presents! Tyler has been having so much fun playing with all them.


Cake time! After we sang to Ty and I told her to blow out the candles now, all the kids came running up to help blow:) yummy


This was the one time everyone was quiet- eating cake and icecream.

Mads found a nice quiet spot to enjoy hers, and boy did she.





Then each kid got their own buckets to fill with candy. Nothing like candy to make a kid excited.


We gave all the kids a balloon and told them to sit on them and try and pop them. This was pretty funny. They were pretty durable balloons, hardly any of the kids could pop them.


Morgan, Savannah and Tyler







Whew! We made it through the party. Thanks so much everyone for coming and showing your support for Tyler. And thanks for all the help!

Wednesday: Tyler had dance in the morning. They started their recital dance. It's to "Baby Face". It's gonna be so cute.
Wednesday night I had a baby shower to go to. It was a nice break to go eat and chat with girls for a couple hours.
Thursday:

Teaching preschool at my house. Making sure I have enough things to keep the attention of 6 2-3 year olds for an hour and a half. It went good. We learned the letter "B" and did Valentines stuff. All the kids did really good.
Thursday night: Bunko, yay another break with no kids, to eat and talk girl talk all night.
Friday: Braxton's birthday. Go to the zoo with them and party at Chucky Cheese tom. night.

Saturday: Valentines Day but more importantly Tyler's birthday! We still haven't decided for sure what we're doing, I'm thinking maybe Build a Bear-?
Sunday: Teach Relief Society. I always try and look at the lesson at the beggining of the week, but can never force myself to sit down and prepare it until the night before or the morning of- so that's in the back of my mind all week.

And finally Sunday night one last party for Tyler just for family.

At leaste I'll have Monday when Dave is off work and we can recouperate, from the crazy week.

5 comments:

Rochelle said...

Good luck with all that stuff! Crazy busy, but sounds fun too! Congrats on the cruise...Justin and I have been trying to decide if we want to get away on one, or put the money towards new flooring in our house (that isn't worth much anymore). Happy Birthday Ty!

Elise and Dan said...

Abree's Birthday just had 18 kids and I did it for an hour and half. I thought that was perfect for the 5-6 year old age. Looks like you did well at the party, though! Birthday Parties are so fun! Happy Birthday Tyler!

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

Looks like you had a fun week! The party looked like it was so much fun. Happy Birthday Tyler!!! We love you. Love your hair pulled back you look so cute!

Heather said...

Man you are busy. But you still manage it all with a smile : )

The Three Peas said...

It looked like Tyler's party was just right! You did a smokin' job busy woman! Now we have another set of babies turning 2 this year, YIKES!!