Tuesday, January 27, 2009

MuMu Mama Party

Well my good friend Nancy sure does know how to throw a party! Where she gets these crazy ideas I have no idea. But she came up with this wonderful idea. So instead of dressing up cute to go hang out with the girls, we have to wear these ugly mumu's to the party. But I have to admit, it was a dang fun party.
Me and Nance, my mom just happened to have 2 mumu's for me and Tami to wear.

Happy Birthday Stephanie and Nancy!

There was tons and tons of yummy food. Good thing we were wearing mumu's so you couldn't see our bellies. And we worked much of it off singing Karaoke and dancing. I hate to sing, but I love going up with Tami and doing all of our old HS dances.

High School friends, Tami, Dawn, Nancy, Me and Stephanie

Everyone in their "lovely" mumu's

Here are my moms mumu's. When my mom went to get the "bright" green one she said, "this one is actually really cute, I wore it to a wedding when I was your age" What, is she serious? Then people at the party were telling me that it was really cute and I could actually wear it out. For reals people, could I wear this to church??

This is hilarious, Dawn and Dusty, sisters, went out seperately and bought the SAME mumu's without even knowing it. What a pair.

Okay, they even picked 3 mumu contestants and had a "Miss MU MU" pageant. And yes, I was so lucky to be selected. We had to do a talent and answer questions on the spot. I could never be a real miss america, luckily I had my side-kick Tami to perform with me.

So Lindsey won and me and Dawn got runner ups. Oh well.

Thanks for the great party Nancy and Stephanie. Like I said Nance, you better be coming back to plan next years party, I'll be looking forward to it.

6 comments:

Nielsen Family said...

How fun~
You have good friends. I love watching how much fun you have with your girl friends. I loved the pics of Tyler in her dance outfit. Maile is going to be starting too. That would be so cute if they could do it together. I can not wait to have the time to post again. It will be all the December pics. I am a month behind! ohhh thanks for the GREAT b-day card I laughed so hard. Loves.

The Becker Bunch said...

WHAT A FUN PARTY...you guys always look like you have a blast...what a great bunch of friends!! :)

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

So much fun Kimber! I love all the fun things your girlfriends do! Nice Mu Mu and no I wouldn't wear any mu mu to church unless I lived in the islands. You do look good

Nancy said...

Glad you had so much fun Kimber, it wouldn't have been a hit without you! You and Tami are two of the best ingredients at any of my parties!

mph said...

That is such a cute idea! Love it!! Cute, fun pics!

Anonymous said...

I did't say I wore this mumu to a wedding..........I said"When My friend got msrried she borrowed my wedding dress so when she went on her honeymoon to Mexico and bought me the mumu.............