Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Is this normal?

Can I retract everything I just said about Tyler? Totally kidding, BUT ever since she's turned 3 she's decided to all the sudden think she's all that. She's throwing huge tantrums, totally pushing Mads for no reason, taking away all her toys, not listening to me, hitting me (ooooh, that really gets me). Like I said, she JUST started doing all this and acting this way.
After she's in timeout and I talk to her, I say, "do you understand?" she's been saying, "I DON"T understand". So I don't know if she understands what understands means or if she's just being smart with me. I'm getting a little frustrated with her.
So my question is, "is this normal?" I mean, I know it's normal for kids to be naughty but to be such a good kid (almost perfect :)) for 3 years of her life and then all the sudden change? Dave says no, there's got to be some reason why she's all the sudden acting up. I think it's just her terrible 2's starting at 3.


"I wish that I will now become the center of the universe and that everything will revolve around me."

Where did my sweet little Ty Ty go?

7 comments:

Rochelle said...

Alyssa's terrible twos were at three! I thought I was gonna kill her or even worse! Jayden's terrible twos were at two. He threw some fits, but was generally fairly decent. Alyssa would throw tantrums and scream ALL day. Such a drama queen! I'm so glad we're approaching four...but then again, we've got some defiance to deal with. If its not one thing, its another with my kiddos!

Jenny Roberts said...

The threes are way worse than the twos...I dread the three-year-old stage of life. It can be a lot of fun, but the daily tantrums can definitely wear on you. Just think 4 - 9 are the golden years (at least that's what I'm told).

The Becker Bunch said...

I've always heard three is WAY worse than two. Hopefully it doesn't last the WHOLE year!!:) Good luck. Keaton isn't acting out more, he's just WAY more emotional than ever before! Being a mom is hard work...there's never any good answers!!:0

wix said...

Threes have always been worse than twos in our family! It's just made worse when the kid is a really sweet one (my Eli), so when they hit that three stage, it seems that much worse because they used to be sooooo sweet! Good luck! It'll all work out!

The Three Peas said...

Wow...I foresee many babysitting swaps in our future. Sheesh!!

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

Wow what do I have to look forward to. It sounds like little boys are no better than little girls. Yikes. I will be calling you.

mph said...

I totally think three is harder than two. Three is a two year old with a mouth! Will is definitely our biggest pain in the --- I mean our biggest "challenge" :)