Thursday, June 26, 2008

WHY I LOVE SUMMERTIME

Most people dread summer in Arizona. It's average around 115 degrees, you hate to leave your house cause it's so hot and if you do, getting back into your car you think your gonna die and the poor kids car seats are burning hot, you can barely drive cause the staring wheel is burning your hands. You can't walk outside barefoot or you'll scorch your feet. Along with lots of other things I'm sure people can add, BUT there's so many good things about summer.

I LOVE SUMMER!
I LOVE letting the kids run around with hardly any cloths on cause it's cooler.
I LOVE having every fan on in my house to try and lower our huge electric bill.
I LOVE being so hot outside then walking into a nice cool house and getting a big refreshing drink.
I LOVE walking out into the heat after being in a freezing restaurant or movie.
I LOVE LOVE AZ summer nights, where it stays light for so long and it's nice and warm but not hot.
I LOVE trying to hurry and eat popsicles outside befor they melt all over you.
I LOVE little tan bodies and white butts.
I LOVE lazy afternoons, reading or napping while my kids sleep.
I LOVE all the summer water activities.
And most of all I LOVE my pool!

It gives me such a good feeling to see our back yard look like this. With pool toys and rafts everywhere and towels and the kids cloths on the chair drying cause we can't go out back without them getting in the pool.

Our daily ritual. Every afternoon after they get up from their naps, we all change and head out back with otter pops. It's everyones favorite time of day.


Tyler giving Mads a kiss. What cute sisters!


Ty has become a little fishy. She jumps off the step and swims over to the side of the pool. She's a really good swimmer but I still get really nervous cause she doesn't know how to come up for a breath yet.

Madix played with Tyler's panties forever. She would get them wet then put it on her head. It was so funny and cute.




This is Tyler when I tell her to give me a BIG smile.

Mads just talking on her phone. She totally holds it up to her ear and "talks". It's funny how they just learn those things.
In the words of Henry James "Summer afternoon-- summer afternoon; to me these have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." I have to agree!
P.S. We swim almost every afternoon around 4 and would love to have company for anyone close by who would like to join us.

18 comments:

Brea said...

You have such a great outlook on summers I think I need some of your positive thinking!!! You sure are lucky to have a swimming pool in your backyard...looks like you are creating fun memories with your cute little girls!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Awww...summer, I feel the same way. How fun to have a pool. It is almost necessary down there huh.

Such cute sisters!

Natalie said...

Hmmm...as the days get hotter and hotter, I admire your optimism. But hey, these past couple of days with monsoons have been nice! Be thankful you have a pool--Nat

The Becker Bunch said...

MEMEME...Can I join you at the pool?! I'd love to come by some day. Seth get's home about then...maybe he'll join us. I want to keep Keat going at least once a week so he keeps "practicing" his swimming! I love the pictures. I'm not sure i'm in COMPLETE agreeance on the whole SUMMER thing...but I will admit some of your answers were true!!:) I suppose a GREAT runner up to moving to Washington is having a great friend who shares her pool!!:)
ps. I'd love you if you didn't have a pool though!!

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

I have to agree I love Summer time too. I would like it even more if we had a pool, but we are fixing the boat this weekend so we can go get in the water. I love how chubby Mads is so adorable. Give her a big kiss for her 1 year birthday. We will definitely call.

Rochelle said...

I'm a snow hater!!!!!!!!So, yeah, I totally agree with the Arizona summers optimism. I do get sick of it around end of July though....
We'd love to come swim sometime. That's usually when we head to Lifetime..but its getting really packed there now. So, we'll take you up on the invitation and give you a call sometime.

Nancy said...

I'm really trying to agree with you Kimber, but we don't have a pool and I'm so wishing we did. Be careful, looks like you don't have a gate, that makes me nervous, lock, lock, lock your door!

Nielsen Family said...

We would LOVE to join you! Keep up all the swimming and getting those girls tanned up!

mph said...

Thanks, that helped me see the bright side of it!! Good things to remember! I'm sure I would have a lot better attitude if I had a pool too!!!!!!

Elise and Dan said...

I love Summer too...just NOT in Arizona! I think your blood is thinner or something. It must be because you are from there.

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

You have such a positive attitude! I think summer would be a little more bearable if we had a pool. Your girls are so sute!

Amie said...

I loved reading your "I love summer" reasons! They are all great reasons to love summer. My favorite was the little white butts. Those are the cutest! :) Thanks for the "open pool" invite. We'll have to brave it some time. I don't know how it would go with three! It would be interesting. By the way, your family pictures are amazing! What beautiful people the Eastmans are!

:) said...

Your comment about the white butts "cracked" me up. But, I have to disagree with you. I despise the summer. Ick. Give me snow. You would think that I ski or something, but no. Tried once, about died. Oh well. :)

Jenny Roberts said...

Arizona summers are hot, but I like the summer for many of the same reasons you do. The hot summer beats a cold winter any day - and that's why I live in Phoenix.

jeana said...

Hi Kimber!! I'm glad you found my blog :) It is nice to have a way to stay in touch when life gets crazy busy.. and thanks for the congrats!.. I am really excited.. couldn't have found a better guy! :) took long enough..huh? ;) he is worth the wait for sure! Hope all is well!!

jeana said...

oh, and his name isn't really Mr.. just referred to him as my Mr wonderful in my blog.. so it just stuck :) His name is Robert

Unknown said...

KIMBER!!! I'm so happy to hear from you. Without our regular family reunions it sure seems like we go a long time without keeping in touch. Thank goodness for blogging! I love the pictures of the girls. I can't believe how big they are getting. Give everyone a hug & kiss for me! Love ya, Megan

andreamatrix said...

I'm pretty sure I would love summer a lot more if I had a pool. BUT I'm just too cheap. When I get back to AZ I'll take you up on that afternoon swim.