Wednesday, June 4, 2008

SWIM LESSONS


No, Madix is still a little you to take swim lessons, but she loved watching all the other kids try a learn to swim.

Miss Bonnie takes Tyler about 6 ft away from the side, drops her under water and tells her to swim to the side. It's amazing how they just figure it out. Tyler has been so brave! I was so nervous for her the first day, and even though she was shaking like crazy she never cried.

The second day Tyler did not want to kick for some reason, she would just float under water and barely move, scary! She leaves them under water for about 10 seconds to try and figure out by themselves how to get to the side. Tyler reaching for the side. Good thing she has long arms.


Miss Bonnie trying to get her to kick.

They put her in a tube when it's not her turn to try and help her kick, but Tyler is so tired (this is right during her nap time) that she just lays in the tube and doesn't move.

10 comments:

Natalie said...

Swim lessons are so fun in the summer! SOOO good for the kids too. Elle and tots are in swim lessons and Brig is doing swim team for the first time this year. Do you remember doing swim team? Tyler looks great! and sleepy too.

Rochelle said...

Jayden learned to swim at that age too. Alyssa...my princess won't even get her little face wet. I love how brave little Tyler is.

Nielsen Family said...

Way to go TY TY!! We can not wait until it gets warmer to swim here. Loves to you all.

Amie said...

Wow! Go Tyler! She looks like a fish underwater! She is so brave. There is no way Aiden would ever allow someone to let go of him in a pool. Good job to you for getting her lessons.

Nancy said...

I've heard of this method. There are some ladies in my ward who use a swim teacher like that and they call her the Nazi swim instructor, but they swear it works! I'm impressed she can do it.

Tami G. said...

Oh Kimber, how can you bare to watch?! I can hardly stand to look at the pictures! I'm glad she's getting it, though. Can't say the same about my boys :(

Elise and Dan said...

she is so brave! Abree had swim lessons last summer, and they made her jump in and swim under water and it terified her so much she won't go back! I need to get private lessons like you have!

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

Yeah Ty I love swim lessons I remember how scared I was. You are so brave. Learning to swim good is so important since you will be basically living at the beach Cabo, San Diego, and Hawaii on all your family vacations.

Heidi and Jace said...

Oh I would be too scared to do it! It looks like she totally knows what to do though! Love the Disneyland pictures. And Tyler's nap routine. That's too funny. Kids are great!

mph said...

Wow! That's amazing! I seriously didn't know kids that young could really learn how to actually swim! I thought they could blow bubbles, get used to the water maybe, but Tyler's swimming!