Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Utah Trip

We just got back from spending a week in Salt Lake. My parents own a condo at the Gateway, a huge shopping center in Salt Lake, and we had so much fun.

Yea, it snowed!! The first time Tyler has ever seen snow and she was soooo excited!! She kept going outside and wanting to eat it but then would realize how cold it was. Madix loved to look out the window at it too!



We got to see a lot of Dave's family and friends when we were there. This is Dave's sister Michelle and her kids Maile and Jaxon. They have the Discovery Museum at the Gateway that is awesome for kids of all ages, so much fun stuff to do.


So, we went snowboarding Friday and it was all right and we had fun. My mom and dad took the kids home with them Sat. morning so we could enjoy a nice relaxing weekend with no kids. And it was soooooo relaxing and nice to spend time together with no kids! My mom rocks!! So anyways we were scheduled to fly home early Mon. morning but Sunday night it dumped snow, so we HAD to stay and snowboard Monday and it was the best snow ever!! That's powder up to my knees!

Just check out all the snow on my board. And this is when I almost hit a tree, but the bad part about powder is getting out of it when you fall.


9 comments:

Rochelle said...

What a cool trip. Even though we are from Utah/Idaho...we are ANTI SNow. Its weird to see other people have fun in it. Cute pics.

The Becker Bunch said...

WHAT FUN!! I love all the pictures!! I feel AWEFUL for not getting all those COLD clothes back to you for your Utah trip...what a dork I am...you should have called!!:) NEways, it looks like SO much fun and I"m SO glad you got some time to yourselves...that is ALWAYS nice!

andreamatrix said...

Looks like you had a great trip! I love the Gateway! I am so missing the snow right now.

Steph Weaver said...

Looks like a fun trip. We didn't see snow this winter, kind of sad. I can't believe how much snow there was this late in the year. Snowboarding looks awesome!

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

It was fun to see all the pictures. I cannot wait to learn how to snowboard! Can I have private lessons? The girls are growing up so fast!

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of your exciting life! Since when do you guys wear those giant goggles when you go snowboarding? Maybe it's a good thing I don't go - I would be so out of style :)

Rachel said...

love all the pictures!! I am so jelous of all that great powder! You are SO LUCKY!! Your girls are getting so big!

Nancy said...

looks like fun, we'll have to take our kids to the Gateway next time we're in UT, we've not done that with them. Fun stuff!

Toria said...

rough life Kimber! So fun for you to have some time with and w/o the kids in Utah- looks like you got some great snow! I'll have to check out the Gateway next time too. My sister-in-law and her husband just moved there.