Sunday, April 20, 2008

ZOO TIME

We went to the zoo on Sat. and it was such a beautiful day for the zoo. All morning it was overcast and about 77 degrees -- perfect! Tyler loved it and was sooo excited to go. All day Friday we kept telling her we were going to the zoo tom. to see "elephants", Tyler- "and baby elephants" and giraffes, Tyler- "and baby giraffes". She really wanted to see baby animals but we only saw a baby monkey.

She really wanted to start the day with her sunglasses on, even though it was overcast.


The orangutan's were definently our favorite. They were very entertaining and there was such a cute baby one who kept playing in a box, but I missed the picture.




This tiger was so cool, we saw it jump up in the tree and climb to the very top (it's in the tree)


The baboons were fun to watch too and we got to watch them during their feeding time rip open their paper bags.


Madix loves to stand, she can actually stand on her own now for about 5 seconds.


Tyler belongs in the zoo, she insisted on wearing this outfit all morning, with her swimsuit over her cloths and her shorts over her head just right so she could see out the leg hole.

8 comments:

The Becker Bunch said...

What a fun day! It was SO nice outside...thank goodness because we were walking in PHX!!:) We need to go to the zoo again soon...maybe sometime this week or next in the morning. Now that they have the splash pad open, we could even go late morning and splash around a bit!! Look at little over achiever Madix...standing already! Lilee is still trying to get the whole crawling thing down...but WAY ahead of where Keat was!! It's so funny how different they are!! CUTE pics!!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Looks like a fun day with your cute family.

Hey - can you email me at

itsnobiggie@gmail.com

so that we can make a plan for when we get together. I don't have your email address or your contact info.

Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Super cute photos. I love the zoo! I bet it was so much fun seeing their expressions when they saw all the animals. That outfit that Ty put on cracks my up. I cannot wait for all the fun to being. 10 days in counting! My last day at work is tomorrow and my last day of seminary is Friday. I am super excited to just prepare for Ashton and get our house ready to put on the market.

Donna said...

Man we need to get to the zoo before it just gets too hot! I can't believe how big Madix is...she just wants to grow up so fast doesn't she?!

Rochelle said...

I love Tyler's outfit...Too funny! Alyssa went through an "i want to wear my suit suit (swim suit)" phase too.

andreamatrix said...

We were planning on going this Saturday with my parents. Forecast-100 degrees. I don't think we want to kill of G'ma & G'pa. I want a swimsuit hat!

bretandjulie said...

Glad that you had fun at the zoo, and that the weather was good for you. We'll have to go together sometime. Love it when they dress themselves!

Tami G. said...

I caught Madix standing up when she was here the other day. I was so impressed. Why are little kids so crazy and so confident (especially fashion-wise)? No one can ever convince them that their ideas aren't good ones. It's hilarious. And it's too bad it never lasts.