Monday, October 3, 2011

Granny's Funeral

Last Tues. Sept. 27th 2011 my Granny passed away at age 91. Her funeral was last Friday and what a fun (if I can say that for a funeral) funeral it was. She lived a long, happy life filled of service and family. It was a fun day remembering our Granny and how she was the best Granny EVER!


She lived such an amazing life of service. Story after story after story was of her serving others. Constantly baking bread or pies or making jams for others, doing their hair (she was a hair dresser), or taking in people to live with her family.
She had the best "granny" house up in the tiny town of Cornville, AZ where she lived on a dirt road that lead to a creek. In highschool me and my friends went up there many times to spend the weekend.

One memory of mine that was shared at the funeral was when me, Tami and Melanie went up there and decided to walk down and "look" at the creek. We ended up playing in the creek and on the rope swing and getting all wet and muddy. So we walked back down the dirt road, pass the horses and the one mean neighbor and the cool huge tree that was split in half by lightening to my Granny's beautiful house. As soon as we got there all wet my Granny made us take off all our cloths and she gave us each one of her long, silky muu muu's to wear while she washed and dried our cloths. So we all just laughed and laughed sitting around my Granny's table, playing cards and wearing her silky muu muu's.
All my friends LOVED going to my Granny's house in Cornville.

Benson gave a talk at her funeral of the grandkids memories and along with mine there were so many fun memories of how great and fun our Granny was!

She will be missed dearly, but what a happy day for her to be reunited with her husband, my Grandpa, who passed away a year ago.

And as Benson said in his talk, they I'm sure had a huge embrace and such happiness to be reunited again, then my Grandpa said, "now lets go build a garden together".

Tayte was named after my Granny, Tayte Ruby. I hope she can hear lots of fun stories about her Great Granny Ruby Riding and live up to the great legacy that Granny left.
Here is a 4 generation picture with Tayte Ruby, me, my mom and her mom, Ruby.

4 comments:

Nielsen Family said...

What a wonderful celebration of life! She looked happy. I want to live until I am 90!!!! Lots of love.

Clement Family said...

Kimber, I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing these beautiful memories of your Ganny.

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

Grandma's are the best! So glad you got to spend so much time with her while growing up and have such great memories!

Tami G. said...

Don't know how I could get choked up over someone else's grandma, but I did! I love the pictures of your grandparents, young and old. Oh, I hope Scott and I will be as lucky as them!