Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Schaub Family Campout 2011

This is such a fun tradition/reunion that the Schaub family has been doing ever since I was a little kid- CAMPING. ALL the Schaubs (I think there was about 85 people this year) we get together and eat yummy meals that each family takes a turn preparing for everyone. Play LOTS of cards and games (ooga booga, toilet paper game, waterballoon volleyball), craft projects and just enjoy being in the nice cool weather and beautiful forest with great company!
Here is the group of us that was there when the picture was taken. People came and went as they could so some are not in the picture (such as Dave and Kyle).

It's a cool camp site with a huge ramada area in the middle with a private road that circles it that the kids can ride bikes and such around all day (and night, and 5am in the morning:)

Tyler with her cousins Tyson and Becker

Tayte didn't know what to think and would throw a fit if ever I walked away from her or if anyone else tried to hold her. (such a pain) The last day she did start to warm up and venture out a little.


Me and my sistas.


Gigi and Ty

They made these cool marshmellow guns that they had a blast shootin marshmellows at people.
Sleeping in our tent. So....it poured down rain that afternoon and I guess there was a little hole at the bottom of our tent. Madix woke up in the middle of the night crying and totally wet! She was sleeping in a puddle in the freezing cold!! POOR thing! So I changed her and put her in my bed with me. And conveniently Dave had to work the first night (he hates camping) and couldn't come up till Sat. morning so I was in the tent with my 3 girls by myself!

My parents got a camper which was very nice to have. My cousin Megan made these cool "Super Schaub" shirts for everyone.
And on the back has the every individuals name from my grandparents down. (can you find me? i'm in read next to Dave written in white)




One of the highlights of the trip- a horny toad. Tyler LOVED playing with it!




Dave and my dad took Ty, Mads and Dallin fishing.
Good job Grandpa catching the fish! I think he cought about 5.

Ofcourse Tyler was all about the fish.


It would thunder and lightning and POOR rain every afternoon for about an hour. We kept thinking our tent was gonna float away.


In front of our tent.
Making smores.
The one time Tayte left my side. She let Tyler pull her around in the wagon for a long time. So cute!
And we even got to go rompin on the quad.
It was a great camping trip! The girls LOVED it and keep wanting to go back.

2 comments:

Tami G. said...

I know you do this every year, but it's funny for some reason it's like watching fish out of water! It all looks like something Gordons would do, and nothing Eastmans would do. Way to stick it out in a tent in the woods! Now go kick back on a beach where you belong :)

Rochelle said...

HOW fun! Such great pics! How on earth do you download so many pics! it takes me FOREVER and totally ends up irritating me!