Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Ty's First Day of Kindergarten!!

1st Day of Kindergarten, 1st Day in a Big school (K-8th), 1st Day with LOTS of kids everywhere that she doesn't know. 1st Day with Mrs. Bradley at The Odyssey Preparatory Academy, 1st Day wearing a uniform. 1st Day out in the "real world" no longer under my wing where she will have so many influence (good and bad) thrown at her- ahhhhh! I just hope and pray we've tought her well thus far and that home will always be her haven.
She's just doing half day Kinder, so she goes from 12-4pm. She was so excited all morning and couldn't wait!

It's not the cutest uniform but she loves it:)
So glad Dave was able to come home and go with us to take her to her first day of school. What a good dad!



Here we are walking up to her school. We were ALL a little nervous.


In the classroom waiting for her teacher. Other kids sat down and started playing with toys but she did not want to leave our side.
Then her friends from our ward got there, Keira and Keaton and she started to feel less nervous and more excited.
In her classroom doing activities. She LOVED it. We lingered for a bit, didn't know when we should leave her. But she was so happy and had no problem with us leaving, which made it WAY easier for me:)
I know she's gonna do great and is such a strong good girl. My baby is off to kindergarten:( But also so happy, no more saying how bored she is at home all afternoon:)
This is her teacher Mrs. Bradley


Her Teacher sent us home with this poem she wrote:
I gave you a little wink and smile
As you entered my room today.
For I know how hard it is to leave
And know your child must stay.
You have been with them for five years now
And have been a loving guide,
But now, alas, the time has come
To leave them by my side.
Just know that as you drive away
And tears down your cheekds may flow,
I will love them as I would my own
And I will help them learn and grow.
For as a parent, I too know
How quickly time does pass.
And that one day soon it will be my turn
To take my child to his class.
So please put your mind to ease,
And cry those tears no more.
For I will love them and take them in
When you leave them at my door.
Love,
Mrs. Bradley

4 comments:

Clement Family said...

I cannot believe she is already in kindergarten. I agree that the uniform isn't the cutest, but she pulls it off!

Tami G. said...

You gave the uniform a little Eastman flare! I love her bright pink shoelaces! She's a lucky girl to come from such a good family and two wonderful parents who shower her with love and attention. She's got it made already!

Nielsen Family said...

So adorable. I started to cry just reading it and I have not even taken maile yet! She starts on the 6th. She tested yesterday. Did Awesome. I agree about the being bored and it is also hard!!! WOW real world is right. Loves to all of you!

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

SO adorable Kimber!! How exciting for all of you! Cannot wait to hear about all the fun updates!