Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Redeeming Herself

So after the last post about Tyler, I think she knew she needed to redeem herself. Don't get me wrong, she still has her days but today I am very thankful for the sweet kid she is.
The easiest sick kid in the world. She woke up about 4am whining that her belly hurt. Dave took her into the bathroom and she threw up in the toilet. We layed her in bed with us with a bowl and about every half hour she would sit up and say "I need to throw up". We would hand her the bowl and she would throw up in the bowl, wipe her mouth with the towel and just lay down until next time. (me and Dave were so impressed) She has thrown up about 8 times this morning, everytime in the bowl and hasn't cried or whined once. (sweet kid). I was even busy with something and saw her walk over to her bowl, do her business, then go lay back down, all by herself.
And I thought today was gonna be a day with a crying sick kid and cleaning up throw up all day.



She even has a smile when she just threw up 5 min. prior to this picture.


Then she had to do one with a silly face.














This last weekend, she was so sweet playing with Mads. They sat here for about an hour and Tyler was showing her how to do the stamps and telling her what colors they were. It was so cute!











This little munchkin is 20 months old. I can't believe she's gonna be 2 in 4 mo's. Wow, I'm gonna have a 2 and a 3 yr. old. Mmmm, is it time for another one??
Mads is so funny and becoming so smart. She's talking tons and always adresses the person she's talking to. "no, mama", "hi, Ty Ty", "bye, da da". And just like Ty, she's a singer. Always sings along to Elmo or Dora. And she's so good at entertaining herself with toys. Finally. Not too long ago I was complaining she just whined at me all day and wanted me to hold her. She's gotten much easier- YAY!

Conclusion: There's some days that you want to kill(figure of speech) your kids, like yesterday when I was waiting for 2 hours to get a new tire put on w/ 2 crazies(aaaah, I wanted to kill myself, it was torture). And some days that they are just so dang sweet and cute you just can't believe how much you love a adore them. Like today.

4 comments:

Rochelle said...

OH! Sick kiddos are no fun at all! Poor Ty. I can't believe you took two kids to get tires put on...yep, that one drives me crazy too.

Donna said...

Kimber,
Been there, done that! She is a cutie that is for sure...and worth all the bad days she gives you! You are a good Mom...and I know you will have more good days than bad with your children!
Enjoy-
Love,
Auntie Donna

Nielsen Family said...

Very true post! Maile has been sick for a couple of weeks now with a respitory flu and she has been great. Unfortunatley I can not say she has not whinned...but, it is amazing how much better they do when they are sick tehn we do!! I love them. I can not wait to update everyone again. Someday....I love keeping up on everyones lives through the wonderful world of blogging.

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

Kimber I just laughed and laughed at your post especially the last part. I honestly don't know about the throwing up, i thought I wouldn't be able to handle poop, thought I would throw up changing diapers, and I can actually handle it, but when someone else throws up I dry heave so bad. Good for you little Ty, hope you are feeling better!! Yeah for number 3 you guys are ready.