Tuesday, March 10, 2009

If you were to get a pet

Okay, so I'm not a pet person and really only like animals from a distance (except for dolphins, I LOVE them, have swam with them and wish I could have one in our pool). Other than that we only have a dog cause Dave. And I have to say Meeka has become part of our family and the girls adore her and LOVE to climb all over her and play and if we HAVE to have a pet, she's the one to have.

But this is too funny, and only my brother would drive all the way to Georgia and spend big $ on a pure bread pot bellie pig for a pet. Yup, this isn't for outside on the farm, this is a pet that lives in their house in the city. They've potty trained her and say they can teach her tricks. We'll see. She was at my moms house for Ty's birthday and she just wandered around the whole time snorting. Literally she snorted for the whole 2 hrs. she was there sniffing the floor. She even tried to take a nibble on my toe.
So which would you rather have?

sweet,adorable, little Meeka


how can your resist this puppy face?






then there's Opie(and imagine her the same hieght but 50 pounds heavier!!)












the kids tried to hold her and she would sometimes let them and sometimes squeal

Madix did really like her



7 comments:

Rochelle said...

I LOVE MEEKA!!!!!!!! Every member of our family wants to petsit her again! She rocks! Pigs stink...no ifs ands or buts about it. Meeka is a sure fire winner. Cute puppy pics!

Natalie said...

that's so funny! your mom told me about their journey to get this pig! what the heck?!!

let me know how it goes. and did you say it's potty trained? for real?

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

Meeka definitely, not a pot bellie pig, I did hear they were such good pets REALly CLEan.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Meeka is way too cute! Dogs for sure! That is too funny!

Donna said...

Kimber...
Even though I think pigs are adorable, I don't know about the oinking all the time...I would be going for the puppy! I really like dogs, and they seem to go with a house.
The pig is cute, though!
Love,
Auntie Donna

Tami G. said...

Ha! That totally cracks me up. Benson is crazy! I have to agree, if I was ever forced to have a pet, I would take Meeka only.

Dawn said...

I've never understood what's so great about having a pig as a pet, I think for sure I would choose a dog but that's only if I had to pick, I'm not much of an animal person either, kids are enough work for me. Can't wait to hear how your brother likes having a pig as an indoor pet!