Wednesday, January 14, 2009

This and That of the last week

Okay no more pictures from Christmas, time to move on with life and we've had a couple milestones in the last week.
Madix Turned 18 Months!

Yay, you know what that means, she got to go into nursery on Sunday. She did so good. I think she was so used to seeing us take Ty in and all the fun stuff, then we would take her and leave. She was just so happy she got to stay this time and sit at the table with all the big kids to play playdough. I don't think she noticed for a second that we were gone. (where Tyler cried for a month). Tyler was so cute, we told her to watch after Madix, and I was watching them through the window and Tyler was telling Madix to "not eat the playdough" and she watched Madix the whole time. What a good big sister. So anyways it was the 1st time in 3 years we were able to go to our other classes with no baby. It felt weird, but SO nice.

Okay 18 months, she's 99% for her height and 97% for her weight. She's starting to talk tons but she seems to say the last syllable twice for words. Like she calls Kacey "Sisi", Elmo "Momo", and Meeka "Kaka". She always yells "no, Kaka". And there are a lot of word she says that I have no idea what she's saying, which is sad, cause she's finally trying to communicate and I don't know what she's saying.

She is still my whiney, needy one though. Always wants me to hold her. But she's starting to be a little more independant with playing and she can finally run (it's so cute)(she's had a problem with her right foot turning in and falling tons) Despite being so needy we love having her in our family and she's heaps and heaps of fun.
Prayers

Whenever I say "it's time to say prayers" they both run into Madix's room, kneel, and fold their arms. Tyler is getting so good at saying prayers. Dave has tought her to always say: "and bless me to not date until I'm sixteen, and bless me to get married in the temple". Can never start too early.
Tylers First Bike

Tyler got this bike for Christmas and Dave went outside with her on Sunday to try and teach her and was having no luck. She could not get the circular motion down. So he was getting frustrated saying "how do you teach a kid to ride a bike" and our nice neighbor who was cleaning out her car, probably laughing at Dave, came to the rescue. She brought over a big wheel that was way easier to do. Tyler did it right away, so we're gonna practice on that for awhile before we try the bike again.














Tylers First Dance Class

Yay, Tyler started dance class. My mom bought a few of these cute skirts when she was born and she can finally wear them. She was so excited to go to dance class and did pretty good. She was really awkward at first not knowing how to turn her feet out and do a plia (bend her knees), she couldn't even sit indian styl. She is so used to sitting on her bumb with her knees in and feet out (see prayer picture). So she finally started getting the hang of things and loves it. It's so cute!

Her little dance move

Madix wanted to put on a tutu too too:)


I told her to give me a nice pose, not bad.

I LOVE her smile with her bigs lips and crooked teeth.

Getting ready to leave, she has to have her froggy and with her froggy her fingers go in her mouth. (she is still only 2, even though she looks 4)

In the class, yes I think she is the tallest even though she's the youngest at 2, the girls next to her are almost 4! (she will be 3 next month)




I can't believe my baby is old enough to go to dance class, it's the begining of the end for just me and Ty. I'm so proud of her, she's such a sweet, good little girl.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

I can't believe she's only two! She totally looks four, that's crazy that you have a two year old and an 18 month old! I did too at one time, but you forget. They will have fun in nursery together, that's so cute that Tyler looks out for her, Dallas is like that too.

mph said...

You are so lucky Madix is old enough for nursery now! I still have 2 more torturous months of walking the halls or trying to fight Jacob in class. Nursery can't come fast enough! Where are you taking Tyler for dance? Hannah is at Take Five.
I remember her first dance class. I can't believe it has been 6 years now!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Yay for nursery and dancing class! :)

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

How exciting! The dance classes are cute. That is fun she is already starting. It is good to start young isn't it. STill love how they like sitting like Dave. Yay for Bikes!! She will get the hang of it in no time.

Rochelle said...

Great pics! That is just so cute with Tyler trying to ride her bike. We still have a problem with alyssa riding a bigger bike, she's got the trike down. Jayden was riding without training wheels by this age though (nearly 4).