Monday, October 20, 2008

Birthday Celebrations

We have 4 birthdays in one week in my family, so we always just have one big party for all of us.

Kacey and my mom's birthday is on the 19th, mine the 23rd and Benson the 24th. My poor mom, even though it's her birthday too never really gets to relax much, always making sure that us 3 kids have a great birthday.


The kids had the most fun playing in all the paper.
















A special birthday tribute to my mom:
She was the best mom growing up and always so understanding. One example that always stands out to me is when I was 15 and not supposed to be driving yet, she let me take the van to the store. Well, driving this huge van I couldn't see good behind me and backed into a car in the parking lot. I came home crying and my mom said, "it's okay, if it makes you feel better I hit a car last week."
She was always the mom all my friends loved. She would take us T.P.ing at slumber parties, make us crepes in the morning. She would always take me out of school on my birthday to take me shopping.
And like I said, she never gets to relax much on her birthday because she's making sure us kids are having a great birthday. This is a great comparison to her life. She is one of the most selfless people I know. She doesn't work but is busy every single day and most of that is helping or taking care of other people.
She is a great example to me and I hope and can be as good of a mom that she's always been.
I love you mom, Happy Birthday!

12 comments:

Rochelle said...

Happy Birthday to you too!

Elise and Dan said...

Happy Birthday to you, and the rest of your family!

Tami G. said...

It's all so true! Judy, you are one of the best people I know, which is probably why Kimber is so great. I feel like you're my mom too, and I love you so much! Happy, happy birthday.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

HBD to your cute mom!

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

Happy Birthday to you all. What a busy month. I love your mom.

Natalie said...

Yes, happiest birthday wishes to you Aunt Judy! You deserve a special birthday!

Toria said...

Happy Birthday Kimber- and to your mom! We all love Judy- although I think I remember a few more details to your car accident at 15! Like maybe she wasn't home when we took the van to the store AND she had to come and get us and talk to the man that you hit. BUT, you're right, she didn't get mad!
The kids look cute and you look great too! Happy birthday Thursday!

mph said...

Happy Birthday, Kimber! Looks like you had a great b-day. That dessert looks like something shown on the Food Network. Your Mom sounds so sweet. That is cool she let you go shopping on your birthdays!

Nielsen Family said...

I love your mom too! Hope your birthday celebrations are wonderful. We love you.

Tami G. said...

Happy birthday today, Kimber! I had no idea that the tall, blonde, popular cheerleader I tagged along with in highschool would turn out to be the selfless, thoughtful, loyal, lifelong friend that sappy movies and weepy novels are written about. Thank you for holding my hand during ultrasounds and such, for wiping my sons’ poopy bottoms, for ensuring that my life is filled with unforgettable adventures (to California, to Cabo, to Utah, or just to McDonalds or L.A.Fitness). You are one of the healing, peace-giving constants in my life that are no less than a blessing from God and I hope He’ll let me keep you forever! I love you.

The Three Peas said...

Happy birthday chica!!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!! I would have to agree with you...Your mom is pretty darn amazing. Yeah for Aunt Judy!