Monday, May 5, 2008

GIRLS WEEKEND!


Me and Tami flew to Utah Thursday night for a girls weekend and to reunite with our old roomates from when we went to college at UVSC. These were our roomates our freshman year 12 years ago! We had a blast our freshman year and loved living with these girls, this is the first time we've seen them since 12 years ago.


Jeneane, Tami, Me, Kasey and Brichelle. They met up with us at the Gateway Friday night and we had a big slumber party at my dads condo there. We had so much fun staying up all night and talking. Just trying to figure out my self timer on my camera.


Then we were so lucky to be able to meet up with our roomates from our sophmore year also! 11 years since I lived with Jen and Kami. I had a great college experience and had so much fun, I loved these girls too. Kami, Me, Tami and Jen. We met for lunch Sat., then got some chocolate and went back to the condo and visited for a long time. So fun to catch up on everything.


Me and Tami had the best weekend ever. Friday my dad treated us to a nice pedicure. Then he took us to a really nice lunch at Tucany's, it's like Rodijio Grill, Peruvian food and they go by with rounds of different meats to your table and you just pick it off their scewers. It was so yummy, except for the scewer of chicken hearts.
Thanks Dad!


And we did lots and lots of shopping! That's the best thing about staying at the Gateway, we walked out our back door and was at a huge mall.
Sunday morning we got up and walked to the temple and watched The Music and The Spoken Word by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. It was really neat to watch them and record it like to air.
Thanks to our wonderful husbands who stayed home with our kids, it was the best girls weekend ever!

12 comments:

Jenny Roberts said...

I love girls weekends. Looks you guys had a great time.

Rochelle said...

Looks like you had a great time. It really makes me want the spa weekend my hubby owes me (he hasn't paid up yet cuz he's been sick) after leaving me for 3 months.

Tami G. said...

I love you Kimber! Thanks for the best birthday present ever - I'll never forget it.

Tami G. said...

P.S. What's with that one horribly ugly picture of me that you posted?! I laughed so hard.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

It was so much fun to see you two on Saturday, I loved it! You two look exactly the same. Next time you are here, call me again, and I will be there. What is not to love, shopping eating and giggling?! My three favorite things!

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

Ahhh, I'm so jealous!! Reunions with old friends from the past are the BEST!! You almost feel like a kid again.
It looks like you guys had a blast!

Nielsen Family said...

Yeah....A much needed time off. Loves to you. We should do a girls/family get together. Don't you just love those supporting Hubbies!! Loves.

Nancy said...

I was your roommate, when's our reunion? Where's the love? Should I feel funny about the fact that you stopped having reunions with at your junior year when we lived together? I'll try not to think about it too much. Looks like a blast, wish I was there!

Donna said...

Now that's what I call a girls weekend! What a fun idea...looks like you all had so much fun!. Oh and even though I've never met him; I love your dad!!

andreamatrix said...

Boy I thought I was livin it up by playing Rock Band with Bethany for a girls night out... You're making me really miss my old stomping ground.

mph said...

Looks like a lot of fun!! What a cool Dad to to treat you and your friend to some pampering!

Moss Family said...

sounds like LOTS of fun! I am thinking I should take a girls weekend soon...thanks for the idea!