Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I WANNA TAKE A NAP


What 2 year old wants to take a nap... mine! Tyler lots of times around 11 am or 12 will say "I wanna take a nap". She LOVES her crib. I hold her off until 1:00 so her and Madix can go down at the same time. So even though she loves to take a nap it's quite the ordeal. She has to have her "tent" (Dave put a blanket over the top of her crib once for fun and now she has to have it everytime). She has a Hello Kitty humidifer that we got when she was sick but still HAS to have that on, along with her fake fish tank that lights up, along with her stars on the cieling and music, with her princess pillow blanket and of course the FROG, oh and her drink of water. I sometimes have to keep going back in her room because she HAS to have something else along with the million things she already has in her crib. But I can't complain because like I said she loves to take her naps. She naps from 1-4 and even then I have to wake her up half the time so she'll go to bed by 7:30pm. I have been very blessed with good sleepers.

AND MADIX IS WALKING!!

I wouldn't say 100% but she can take a good 4 or 5 steps and is getting better everyday. Go Mads, at 10 months! She has to keep up with her big sister who was walking at 10 months.


Madix's FAVORITE thing to do. Sit in her chair and eat pretzels! If she ever gets fussy I just stick her in her chair with pretzels and she is so happy for at leaste a half an hour.

11 comments:

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

That is so funny about Tyler! Geez Louis - she is getting a ton of sleep, lucky you! Having a good sleeper is the best! I think I would ask to take naps too if I had all that stuff, that sounds like fun!

Yay Madix the little walker!

Nielsen Family said...

I love your kiddies. That little Madix is soooooooooo adorable. I love that Tyler has to have everything, so did our little man....stuffed animals, toys, books..it is a fun stage.

Donna said...

That is INSANE Kimber! I can't believe she can walk! My baby just barely mastered scooting...sheesh!!

The Becker Bunch said...

What little over achievers you have!!:) We found Lilee STANDING in her crib today...but I don't think she'll master the walking thing in 3 months!! :) Tyler is so cute!! You should get one of those canopy's for her bed when you put her in a big bed...she'll LOVE it!

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

They are adorable. I cannot wait to meet Mads she is growing up way to fast. I hope through Baby Wise I can also have good sleepers who like their cribs.

Elise and Dan said...

What cute girls! Mason loves his crib too, but we recently got a king bed so, abree got our queen, and he got Abree's twin. He still loves to sleep though. He sounds a lot like Tyler. He loves to have his humidifier on too. I can't believe madix is walking. Wasn't she just born!?!!?! That is insane!

The Kurtzeborn Family said...

Isn't naptime a mother's favorite time of day? It's great that she'll sleep till 4 for you! You probably get so much done in the afternoon!! That's awesome that Madix is walking! You don't have to carry her everywhere now. That's my favorite thing when they start walking. Your arms finally get a break! You have cute girls!

PS It looks like you guys had a blast at Disneyland!!

Rochelle said...

I was laughing so hard about Tyler's tent. What is it with kids and tents? TOO CUTE!

mph said...

Wow! You are so lucky! That is awesome that she is such a good sleeper! And that you can get them both down together! I am still working on that one. I am amazed that she sleeps with all that fun stuff in her crib! Hannah walked at 10 months too, but Will was 18 months! He just didn't care.

Brea said...

Hello Kimber,
Your little girls are so cute! That is SO fun you took a trip to Disneyland looks like you all had a blast!

It was great playing v-ball with you last night! Here is my email address: Brea_evans@hotmail.com I will add you to my list and we can be blogging buddies :)

Natalie said...

That is hilarious about the naptime routine. We've had our share of those too, but not as funny as yours!! It's a cute memory of her. Darling girls!