Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Things to Remember

Last week I took the girls to get flu shots. I told Tyler earlier that day that after naps we have to go get flu shots and that she needs to be a good example and be brave for Madix. And right then she started crying and begging me not to take her:( (so sad) But I went on to explain how it's better to get one little shot then to get really sick and have to go to the hospital and get lots of shots. She didn't care, just kept crying that she did not want to get a shot.
So fast forward we're in the car driving to the Dr. and I hear Madix telling Tyler "it's ok, it's better to get one shot know than have to get a lot later" (I didn't even know Madix was listening to me earlier) Then Ty: "can Madix go first?" Mads: "I'll go first, I'm not aftraid. Well I'm a little afraid but I'll be brave"
It was so cute! Little sister being more brave and stepping up by going first with getting a shot. Way to go Mads!!

Then Tyler last Sunday we pick her up from class and she's hiding something from us. We get home and she goes right to her room and closes the door. Madix tried to go in but Ty insisted she needed to be by herself. So then she comes out and lays a smiley face on our bed in front of me and Dave and said go look in my room. She had made her and Madix's bed and put away all Madix's books and cleaned the room. - SERVICE- It made us so happy that she IS learning something in church (at age 4 in sunbeams) and most of all that she did it all by herself without us having to ask or prompt her at all. Way to go Ty!!

As much as they drive me crazy I LOVE these girls and want to remember the special things they do.

And this little chunkers is just staying as cute as can be with her big smiles and laughs. But still not rolling over or doing anything else, which is SO fine with me.

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Cute! I love when little kids help out!

Tami G. said...

That warms my heart :)