Friday, September 10, 2010

Cali

Our annual 2 weeks in Cali vacation. We've been here almost a week, so I decided I'de get a head start with my post. I drove up Mon. with my mom to Carlsbad, my dad came Wed. and Dave doesn't get here until next Mon. 3 kids on vacation without a spouse is A LOT of work!! I think it's making me realized that I am really done with 3! But it has been a lot of fun so far.
We went one night to the BIG rollercoaster in San Diego and met up with some of my cousins and their kids that are also here visiting. I didn't get a picture of the big roller coaster (yes I rode it, and it's a wooden coaster that's been around since 1929!!, a little scary!) Ty and Elizabeth on the boat ride.

Madix with Cooper. This is how she's gonna be on her first date. She wouldn't talk or look at him the whole time:)


Tyler LOVED this freefall ride! She wanted to do it over and over

rode the carousal with my 3 girls

Eating cotton candy

This resort we're staying at is really nice and has little craft projects or thing for the kids to do everyday. paining ceramic bugs, they loved it

The first few days were cloudy and cold so we didn't play on the beach but just went down there one afternoon to look for shells. Madix was so excited she found one to put in her bucket.











Another craft project. This one is a cute picture frame they paint. But they're past the age of me doing it for them to make it cute. i just got to give in and let them paint it how they want, even if it's not the cutest:)

Tayte's turned out really cute:)


First day getting all ready to go to the beach!

OMGosh, look at those adorable cheeks!

My friend Tami got to come up for a couple days with her fam. This is so fun for us cause me and Tami went to the beach every summer together when we were teenagers (good memories). Ty and Colby

Mads and Hannah. It took Ty and Mads about an hour to get used to the sand and water, but after that they had a blast!







Ty and Nolan, future spouses:)


I was so proud of Mads running in the water. And she would totally fall and not scream and cry. That's huge for her.

And Ty amazed me by going way out in the waves and just diving into them and body surfing.

Just like the old days

7 comments:

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

Loved all the photos! So fun. Love the beach and I love those cheeks of Tayte's!!!

Nielsen Family said...

Lovely! I do love the California trips we get to make too. You all look so happy and isn't it great to get to spend time with good friends and family at the same time!!! We can not wait to see you all when you are visiting Utah.

kimber said...

Look at those beautiful kids and sexy momma. I wonder who she is married to and who those kids dad is? He must be one good looking cool dude. No really I am lucky to be married to such a beautiful woman and have three healthy beautiful girls. Hopefully I am still saying that when they are all teenagers. Love you babe!!!

Tami G. said...

Dave, that was the cutest comment! And such an awesome post - especially cuz I'm in it! Kimber Eastman, I'll love you forever. Thanks for taking me to California...once again :)

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

Dad love you for leaving a comment . . . YES YOU ARE!!!

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

I MEANT TO SAY DAVE, BUT I SAID DAD YOU ARE THE DADDY!

Nancy said...

That looks like so much fun! I think I need a little more California in my life.