Friday, December 11, 2009

A Day in the Snow

So, when we went to the Polar Express last weekend (wich is in Williams, Az, about 3 hrs north Michelle), Tyler was just so upset there wasn't any snow to play in. Then ofcourse it dumped the day after we left Flagstaff. So the day after we got back Dave said he had an apt in Flagstaff Wed. afternoon so lets just drive back up there Tues. night and play in all the snow Wed. So heck, why not. We loaded the kids and headed back up and they had a blast! Absolutely LOVED the snow!

We got these cool bibs at Target for just $12!

They were so excited, they were practicing their snow angels in the hotel.


We went to this sledding hill just past snowbowl and we had to climb up this big hill in deep snow to get to the top. So Dave carried Madix up and plopped her in the snow and came back to help me and Ty. Mads didn't mind at all.

Madix really surprised me. She's my whiney/needy baby and always just wants me to hold her. So I thought for sure she would be too cold and just want me to hold her the whole time. But not at all, she loved it!


Ty, trying to get up the big hill in the snow. She kept falling and then would just start playing in it.

Awww, we all made it to the top.

Me and Ty going down. I admit, I was pretty scared going down the first time. It was a pretty big hill.

The snow went above their knees standing up.

Ty loved eating the snow.

Look how beautiful. A winter wonderland.

Mads had a hard time picking up the snow with those silly mittens that were too big.

She did a pretty good snow angel with her arms. Her legs were too stuck in the snow to move them.

Me and my 2 snow bunnies.

Snow fight with dad.

Madix was so concerned Tyler kept throwing snow all over him and she would wipe it off him.

Then she figured out how to join in the fun and was throwing it at him too. They were so cute and had so much fun! What a great day in playing in the snow! I am glad we can just drive 2 hours and play in the snow but not have to live in it. It's beautiful but what a pain to bundle your kids up everytime you go outside and worry about your car sliding all over.

STAY TUNED..... Monday's the big day when I find out what I'm having!! Any guesses??? Come on boy thoughts:) Although we're hoping for a boy, I would be so so happy and excited to have another adorable, sweet baby girl. Ty & Mads are the best and I would love to have another one of them, but lets still think boy thoughts:)

5 comments:

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

How fun!! That is the wonderful thing about PHX. Why Iowa? Oh yeah I am suppose to think positive thoughts. I am not showing much, people keep asking me if I am pregnant. Really small belly, of course to me and drew I look different. I am still wearing all my fav. jeans, no maternity clothes just yet. Nope cannot feel the baby, they say by 20 weeks you will start, so we will see. We are thinking boy thoughts for you guys, you would have so much fun with a boy! Cannot wait to hear the news and to let you guys know what we are having on Thursday.

Nancy said...

You'd be surprised by me if you remember at all my attitude toward the snow in college, I'm trying my best to embrace it. But mostly I love it from my warm house with a hot cup of chocolate! Looks like you guys had fun.

Nielsen Family said...

Definitely a boy! Loves!

Tami G. said...

Did you guys have that whole hill to yourselves or what? The place looks empty and the snow looks pristine! So lucky.

Nielsen Family said...

For sure! We will make a trip down..if I do not get pregnant????? I am sure hoping in the next few months....I am trying everything. You guys need to get up this way and visit us. Loves