Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Swim Lessons

It's swim lesson time! Oh, I was so nervous the first day. I thought the water would be freezing for them and was so scared for Madix, I thought for sure she would throw HUGE fits.
I was pleasantly surprised. Since she kept a cover on her pool it wasn't cold at all, and Madix handled it all WAY better than I thought.

Before swim, they din't know what was about to happen to them.

Bonnie took Madix (21 months) right out, dunked her then dropped her in the water to swim to the side all by herself. It really is so amazing. She had to guide Madix a bit the first one or two times, then after that she would totally do it all by herself. Yes, she still goes really slow trying to get to the side and I'm clenching my teeth and am so nervous for the whole 10 seconds or so, that's she's under water, but she makes it everytime. I'm so proud of her for doing so good. Bonnie even dropped her off the diving board today and she made it to the side all by herself.


clinging to the side, she made it.


Mads, and cousin Brax. Braxton didn't even want to be close to the water.



After Bonnie's done with their turn she sticks them in a tube. I think Madix is in shock with what she just went through, cause she won't move and just sit there for a minute. Then after that she wants out.




So she ends up sitting by me outside the pool until her turn again.


Me and my sis Kacey, with our kiddos



Tyler's doing awesome and is loving it, and is talking "Miss Barny's" ear off. Yes, she insists on calling Bonnie "Miss Barny"

I didn't get a good pic. of this, but she's jumping off the diving board and swimming to the side really good.

This is called a bomb. Bonnie tossed them way up and drops them.

"AHHHHHHH all done"








Last Reminder: I'm going private, hopefully this weekend if I get around to it. So if you haven't left me your email and want an invite, last chance.

8 comments:

Rochelle said...

I love it! Jayden swam at 2 1/2, Alyssa is a little worried about it and I'm getting nervous that she won't ever swim.
Vegas got cancelled...sorry I didn't call. I'll let you know when there's another chance to escape.

Unknown said...

I still can't believe it. I think it's absolutely amazing. It probably takes even more bravery from the parents than the child. :)

Tami G. said...

Little Madix?! I can't believe it! Amazing.

tinker_bell85379@yahoo.com said...

Hello Kimber! I came across your blog sometime ago when you left a message on Natalie Kids blog I believe. You have a beautiful family. I graduated from Thunderbird High 95. This is Christy Thomas. I did not know you were a member of the church. I am a convert for almost 4 years ago. Bonnie taught my kids swim lessons about 4 years ago and she does an amazing job. I do not have a blog setup. I hope all is well. Can you please add me to your blog? My email address is tinker_bell85379@yahoo.com.

Hvae a wonderful day!!!

Christy

Anonymous said...

That is awesome your lil girls do so good at swim lessons... little fish. Your little nephew Braxton is cute and I love his name ;)

Nielsen Family said...

ohhh my goodness my heart skipped a beat when I saw Madix. I am starting Maile ina few months. I am so nervous. I hope she does it. It is almost better when they are younger I think. And, Jaxen has not had formal lessons yet. I would like him to know the strokes etc., Loves. Hope you enjoy the cruise.

The Sorensen Bunch said...

We would LOVE an invite when you go private--we LOVE stalking ol H.S friends every so often!!!!
love-the Dan Sorensen Clan
danrsorensen@hotmail.com (dont forget the r between dan and sorensen)

Heidi and Jace said...

yes I would love an invite, I may already have one, if I can read it today.
larkinaz@gmail.com