Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ultimate Vacation and Relaxation

We just got back from an absolutely wonderful vacation. If you want the ultimate vacation and relaxation, leave your kids at home for a week, invite some fun friends and go on a cruise where you don't have to worry about a thing. We love cruises cause not only is it a hotel on water with all you can eat food, fine dining every night, outside movie theatre, and much more. But you get to see 5 different islands instead of staying on just one for a week. So here it goes- the low down of our week in the Southern Caribbean.

The first full day was just relaxing on the ship and enjoying all the ammenities.

me and my sis, Kacey

Dave and his bro Stacey


That night was formal night. It's always fun to get all dressed up and go to a fancy dinner.





The whole group at dinner. We went with my sister Kacey and hubby Kyle, Dave's brother Stacey and wife Shayna and my mom and dad. We all had a blast together.




me and kace with our beautiful mom


You can't beat sunsets in the middle of the ocean.

2nd day we dock in Aruba. This was probably my leaste favorite island. We rented waverunners and had a blast, but the island itself was just so, so.



The beautiful ocean in Aruba



Just sipping some pina colada's under our hut



The next day was Bonaire- yah, I've never heard of this island either, but it was one of my favorites and probably the funnest thing we did. We rented mopeds and cruised around the whole island, stopping whenever we saw something cool. Half this island I felt like I was back in AZ, all desert and cacti (still beautiful ofcourse). But the other half of the island was all palm trees and tropical- awesome island.









The whole beach was coral- kinda cool.




Just sipping on our daily strawberry pina colada's- virgin ofcourse.


They had these huge iguana's that just wandered around all by the bar.



At the front of the ship, watching for dolphins as we leave Bonaire.


Then back to relax by the pool in the afternoon.


That night we decided to do a little dance up in the lounge.


The next stop was Grenada. We went tubing down a river. It was fun, a little shallow, but they had guides all the way down the river lifting you over rocks and spinning you.


Grenada

me and my cool dad in Grenada

Welcome to Dominica


We had to stop and dance a bit with the locals playing music as we got off the ship.


This was a really cool excursion we did in Dominica. It was a challenge course. Your in the middle of this rain forest (yes it rained while we were doing this) and your up in the trees at leaste 50ft. And they have all these crazy obstacle courses going from tree to tree.



YIKES!




So we're WAY up high standing on a little skinny wire and holding on to one above us. And Stace, the pack leader, decides to yank our top wire back and forth. And us shorter people can barely hang on to the wire as he pushes it way out- it was CRAZY!




They had about 5 zip lines. This is the last one that went over the river.


They gave us some yummy fresh fruit and sugar can to chew on afterwords. It was a workout.


Our last stop was St. Thomas- the Virgin Islands.


We found a beach to go snorkling but you really didn't even need snorkels. They gave us these dog bones to feed the fish and as soon as you put it in the water hundreds of fish would just surround you. It was a little freaky at first but then really fun. Can you see all these fish around us?


Our last day in the Caribbean. So sad. We could've easily stayed another week.


Yes we did miss our kids and were anxious to see them again.

A BIG BIG THANKS to Grandma Eastman who came and stayed with the kids. It defenitely made the trip more enjoyable to know that I didn't have to worry about my kids. They absolutely adore her and I know they had a blast.

Grandpa even came the last few days to hangout with the girls


Their little dresses, and purses and toys we brought back for them.

15 comments:

Heather said...

looks like you had a lot of fun. I now need to go on vacation

Rochelle said...

That looks like lots more fun than babysitting my dog! Glad you had a good time.

Nielsen Family said...

Glad you guys had a great time! Looks like a lot of fun. hope we can come next time. Loves.

andreamatrix said...

What a blast! I'm a firm believer in crusing! LOVE the pink moped. Where can I get one of those?!

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

So fun!!! We definitely will have to go together next time. I love cruising.

Tami G. said...

My life sucks! Just jokin :)

Nancy said...

looks like you had a good time, no one knows how to live it up like Kimber!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

How Fun! That trip looked like a blast!

ps. You look way skinny! I need to know your secret. :)

Jacque said...

looks like such fun! i've never tried a cruise, but it looks like a great time!

your turquoise/white striped bathing suit is ADORABLE! you look amazing!

The Price Family said...

Oh wow! Looks like you had an awesome time! I'm jealous you went on a zip line thru the rainforest...I've been wanting to do that! See u at preschool tomorrow!

Amanda said...

That sounded so fun! You guys are so freakin cute!!! Love you both!!

Heidi and Jace said...

Cool!!! Looks totally fun!!!! Glad you had such a fun time. How was the entering the country again?

Elise and Dan said...

How fun! We went on a cruise for our Honeymoon, and it's still one of our favorite vacations!

Anonymous said...

Fun! I am now jelous too. All the pictures look like it was so beautiful. I'm glad you guys could go and have a good time! I saw you today and every wednesday at 11' oclock haha. take five... we go to gymboree :)

Dawn said...

Your family is always doing the funnest things. I love all the pictures and I agree cruises are the best! You look amazing miss buff body and I love your striped swimsuit. I'm not in swimsuit shape right now but I'd love to look like you in that suit. So cute. You and Dave still look like your twenty something. Glad you all had a blast!!