Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Flashback Friday

Okay so it's not Friday and I usually don't do flashback Friday's anyway (although I think it's a fun idea). Anyhow I just saw these pictures on my favorite companion's facebook and had to copy them. I served my mission in the Land Down Under, yes Melbourne (don't pronounce the "r"), Australia (they do pronounce the "r" here, they do know how to say the "r" sound, they just pick and choose when they pronounce it.

I LOVED LOVED my mission and every part about it, even though I had to wake up every morning at 6am and ride a bike in a skirt my whole mission, it was still the best mission ever, with the most wonderful people ever.

I loved to work hard but I also loved to have fun.

Sister Katie Magleby, we begged President to be companions since the day she arrived, and we finally got our wish. This is us climbing the Church, yes the church, at zone conference. I love it, you can see all the elders standing off to the side, while us in our dresses and my backpack couldn't resist this easy climb. (Kind of like climbing the Reams Roof in UT, right Tami and others that were there).



Yes the land of the kangaroos, this was at a golf course. Yes, just hundreds of wild kangaroos everywhere.

Wow, it seems like a lifetime ago.

7 comments:

Rochelle said...

Cool pics....I always wanted to hear more about your mission. Thanks for sharing.

Elise and Dan said...

What fun pictures! It was fun to see. Teh Kangaroos are amazing!!

andreamatrix said...

LOVE IT! I want to go climbing with you. That is so something I would do.

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

I love flashback Friday. I am excited to start that.

mph said...

Aren't missions awesome!! You got to go to a WAY cool place!! I loved my mission too. I learned and grew so much. There is just nothing like it.

Tami G. said...

Kimber, this is the perfect example of what's so great about you. And this is why I loved getting your pictures and letters while we were in the field. I totally remember telling myself to be more like you - to relax and enjoy the moment and savor the joyful things, especially when I was training so my greenies wouldn't be so freaked out and homesick. I bet your greenies LOVED you. I'm so high strung in real life, you can imagine what I was like as a missionary! You managed to be a truly effective missionary and still be joyful and playful. How true what they say about your mission mirroring the rest of your life! Thank goodness you're around to keep me somewhat balanced. And yes, I remember Ream's roof and countless other moments where you pushed me out of my safe little comfort zone and forced me to make some happy memories. I'm so glad you did!

Unknown said...

Hey Kimber:
I love the pictures of the mission. It is amazing how quickly time has gone by. I had a YW's advisor once tell me that there isn't a day that goes by in her life that she doesn't think about her mission. I would have to agree.