Tuesday, July 29, 2008

This and That of the Last Week


Just enjoying their morning cup of milk out back.

Just enjoying their morning cartoons













Breakfast:
Mom: "Ty, do you want cereal or yogurt for breakfast?"
Ty: "hmmmmm, I want peas."
Mom: "You can't have peas for breakfast"
Ty: screams "I want peas!"

What am I thinking, what kid ever asks for peas in the first place and why would I say no to peas, why not peas for breakfast, they're healthy.



So Tyler has come around (somewhat) to liking her sister. It was so cute, all morning she wanted to hold Mads hand and take her down the slide and just play with her.

If only that would last, she was back to pushing her and taking all her toys in the afternoon.













LAKE DAY






Me wakeboarding

WAKESURFING

I love wakeboarding but the new craze is wakesurfing. If you haven't seen this it's pretty crazy. First, you start with a rope to pull you up. Your in front of the wake (so your literally 5 ft from the back of the boat, you could give high fives to the people in the boat), so once your up and your in front of the wake you toss the rope into the boat and just ride the wake, like it's a wave. It's hard to understand how you can ride behind a boat with no rope or anything pulling you, but it's just like one continuous wave that you ride as long as you want. It's pretty dang cool.



Dave has found his new favorite hobby. Since he's crippled (bad back and bad knees) this is the perfect thing for him. It's really easy on your body (it does take alot of leg muscles), and the boat is going pretty slow that you can never wipe out hard.
GO DAVE!

11 comments:

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

okay we have to try that, although it won't work with our seventies boat. It lookks like a lot of fun. You and Dave are so cute and so are those adorable girls!!

Rochelle said...

I love the pics of Mads and Ty being cute little siblings together. I wish my kids had more moments like that.

Amie said...

You guys are DAREDEVILS! Yikes, I'd be the loser waving to you in the boat with a life jacket on! Glad you enjoy a little adrenaline rush! To answer the question of the post below: I stand my ground. Tyler is you and Madix is Dave. Funny how everyone sees things differently!

Nielsen Family said...

FUN stuff!!! We have loved boating with Stacey this summer. Wait until you see..I got MOM and DAD on the tube with me and Dad even tried skiing until he could not breath int he life vest...I can not wait to start posting again!

mph said...

Wow that looks like fun!! I also loved the pics of Madix and Tyler. When Jessica was little, she used to ask for meat for breakfast. I thought that was kind of weird too.

The Becker Bunch said...

Fun pictures...glad Tyler is coming around...she was GREAT with Keat the other night!! We need to get them together more often...maybe when potty training is over!!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, you guys make it look so easy. It's almost enough to make me want to try it...almost! :)

Tami G. said...

Glad you two have found new way to get your extreme sports fix :)

Natalie said...

So fun! By the way, you look AMAZING! You would never guess you had 2 kids! Your girls are so cute too...and look so much alike!

Elise and Dan said...

It looks like you guys are really enjoying your summer! I pics of your girls together are so cute! Abree loved peas as a 1 year old, but she never asked for them for breakfast. She would AlWAYS ask for cheese though. kids are funny!

Toria said...

so fun! looks like a good time- I'll have to try that soon- wake surfing. I can't imagine it's as easy as you say!