Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Nixon's Blessing

What a great day! Dave blessed Nixon (who wore Dave's baby blessing outfit) and what an amazing blessing. In the blessing circle was Grandpa Schaub, Uncle Benson, Uncle Kyle, and friends Bishop Gordin Thelin, Jason Needler and Bryce White.
 The Bishop told me: "Dave gave one of the most spiritual blessings that I've been a part of. It was a great blessing!"
 Here are a couple things the Bishop and I recall:
- health, strength and proper development
- quoted scripture "run and not be weary, and shall walk and not faint"
- study and learn from the great books
- receive priesthood, honor it
-prepare for mission
- take a beautiful YW to the temple
- noble and strong character
- respect elder's
 It was a LONG blessing with so much more. Someone asked him if he had prepared it:) Nixon is so blessed to have such a great dad who honors his priesthood and can give him such a wonderful name and blessing.
Father and Son



After words we came back to our house where my mom made some yummy shrimp tacos and taquitos for the kids, Alisa's tortilla soup (Dave's favorite) and I made a banana/chocolate cream pie and ordered some delicious cupcakes.























WOW we have such a big family:)  We LOVE having baby Nixon, he makes our family so complete!

1 comment:

Tami G. said...

I love Dave! He's just the kind of guy I would want for my girl :)
Miss you both!