Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Why Not Start Now

I'm gonna have a million pictures of our vacation so why not start now, just 2 days in. We're in Carlbad for 2 weeks and Tyler's so funny, she doesn't grasp the concept that we're in California. We kept telling her we're going to Cali., so we're driving, almost to the resort and Ty says, "are we to California yet?" I said, we're in Cali., and Ty says, "no we're not, we're driving." So... I've tried to explain but the only thing she gets is our resort room is "California". So anytime we've gone anywhere the last two days, beach, swimming, to eat. When we're done she says, "do we get to go back to California now?!"

first day on the beach. Ty loved it, Mads wasn't to sure. It took her a long time to get a little used to it, but would still cry every 15 minutes or so cause something bugged her.

she would play fine then a little water would splash up and that would be the end.

Gigi burried Tyler, she thought it was so cool.

I took this last night. Looking at Mads in that crib that she takes up the whole thing, I just can't believe where my baby went. They grow SOOOO fast.

going to look for sea shells

Madix kept picking up rocks and putting them in her bucket, then her bucket really started dragging on the ground, then she asked me to carry it:) She didn't understand we were just looking for shells.



Ty loved running in the water!


Mads loved running, just not so much in the water.




All cleaned up in their new Halloween PJ's. Look at this beautiful view of the ocean we get to look at all day long from our room.
Did I say I was on vacation?? Man 2 kids at the beach is A LOT of work!! Getting them all ready to go, then getting them and all the stuff to the beach, then off the beach and them all cleaned up. It's exhausting. Not that I'm complaining, I love being here but like my mom said, this is a trip for our family, not a vacation for me.
A lot more to come.

5 comments:

Nielsen Family said...

I guess you had your vacation without the two kiddies in Powell. You got to enjoy them while you have them...because yes they do grow fast..all the hard work helping them enjoy the vacation is apart of the vacation. Mommy work is not easy is it!!! I am a single mommy for three weeks...it is not easy at all. I will be looking forward to my time off cruise I am taking with Deirdre in January!!! It can not come soon enough. Loves.

Tami G. said...

Yay! I'm so glad we get an update already. That picture of Madix running is so classic - no one runs like her! It was easier back when we were the kids, wasn't it? I can remember how hard my mom worked when we were on vacation. And of course, I remember Judy packing bagel sandwiches and hauling us, all that sand, and all our stuff back and forth in the van from the beach to the hotel. Moms are so selfless!

Rochelle said...

Yes! Vacationing with kids is such a treat! At least you can look back and remember the good times with all the cute pics!

Melanie said...

Fun Trip! Trips with the kids are definitely for the kids! You're making so many wonderful memories with them though. It's work now, but loads of memories for years to come! You only get a vacation when you get to go somewhere with just your husband. (Course, it’s waymore work to go to get all the arrangements made for the kids while you’re gone…but well worth it right?!) Can’t wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

Amanda said...

SO fun! I am glad you guys get to "vacation" in CA. Family vacations are the best; so many great memories I recall as an adult were when my family went on vacations—they will cherish those moments for years to come. Isn't it funny that kids don't get the concept of traveling—something we totally take for granted; haha—that is so cute!

Have fun! Soak up the last of the summer rays for us!