Friday, June 19, 2009

Kall me Kamp Kimber

I just got back from 3 days of hard core camping. I got called as our ward camp director- yikes, I've only been to camp as a crazy irresponsible y.w., and now I'm a leader in charge of our ward and making sure everything is set and ready. So I took it upon myself to do what I always do when I have a big project that requires creativity and called my best friend Tami to be my assistant. She was perfect for the job (like always) and helped me out sooooo much, I just wish she got to go with me. Thanks heaps and heaps Tami!!!

So first thing first, think of a logo for Sarival Ward. Tami came up with and designed this "SUPER" cute logo.

I'm so glad I got to do all this with my good friend Alisa who's the Y.W.'s Pres. We had tons of fun.

So when I say hard core camping I mean it. No cabins, no beds, no lodges, no showers, no heat! (and it was FREEZING!!) I wish I got a better picture of the HUGE tent about 20 of us slept in, but here we are on our blowup matresses. (thanks Laura)


Our 2 cute yearlings, they had to wear these crowns nonstop.


Our 3 cabin moms, Mari, me (in case you didn't recognize me in my disguise:) and Alisa


Tami with the help of my mom made these awesome capes for all our girls. So we had a little ceremony to bestow upon them their capes and special super hero names. They loved them! Thanks again Tami and Mom!!


Sarival Super Heros!



And ofcourse the Super Hero Leaders



We went on a 5 mile hike to a lake and all the girls were given raw eggs to protect the whole hike. One of the challenges- walking with our egg on a spoon. (piece of cake)



Me and Laura. Me and Alisa had to go home late Wednesday night, so Laura came up to replace us the last 2 days. We missed having her with us the first half.



Me and the girls.


We got home at 1 am Thurs. morning and I went straight to the shower. But I think the week was a success and I had lots of fun camping and getting to know the young women of our ward better.

8 comments:

andreamatrix said...

I love your pictures. The girls were so cute with their Super Girl shirts & capes. I've never seen two better canoe-ers than you and Alisa! You best just plan on coming to camp from now on. It's AWESOME to have leaders who can (and will) get out there and do the things the girls are doing! Thanks so much!

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

Perfect for camp Kimber you love the outdoors and can do everything the girls are asked to do and see you having so much fun, so they will have fun naturally, you make being in the outdoors FUN!

The Becker Bunch said...

SO CUTE!! You are adorable...I love all your ideas and camp looked like it was a huge success. When you got called to that, the first thing I thought was...OH, SHE'LL BE GREAT AT THAT! And I was right...this calling was MADE for you!

Tami G. said...

So true. You handled the hard part beautifully - interacting with the girls (and being a virtuous yet gorgeous role model)!

Elise and Dan said...

I bet the girls loved having such fun leaders!

Nielsen Family said...

Fun! I am the assistant stake camp director and am headed out in two weeks for one week straight! It looked like a lot of fun...good job.

Natalie said...

There you are in true form! What Schaub doesn't know how to camp??? Way to represent!

Tami-way cute ideas!

Nancy said...

I can't believe you're the camp director, only because you're too fun to be that serious, so I know it was a good time, you helped create some of the most fun times I've ever had in my life, those girls were lucky to have you!