Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Fun in the Sun

Summer's here, what does that mean? Everyday in the pool with otterpops.


With Tami's kids, their best buds.



Madix and Hannah love eachother, they're so cute.

Tyler's little preschool took a field trip to Peter Piper Pizza

The girls of the group

They took a tour of the back and got to put pepporoni's on their pizza's



trying our some new goggles





just for fun, we brought out the baby pool






Tyler's little buddy Morgan got to come and stay with us for 3 days last weekend, and they had so much fun together. They colored their faces with chalk. (yes they are the same age, even though Ty's about a foot taller)








ready for church



SUN SPLASH!! We went to the waterpark with cousin Braxton




Hands Up!! This was the best little kids slide. Even Madix loved it cause she could land and stand up in the water.




Ty's still trying to get used to the water




Madix loved the nacho's there




End of the day, getting a little tired.





Swim Lessons: this is the newest thing for me, which I am really excited about. I've started teaching swim lessons! I'm using the exact same method that Tyler and Madix learned, some people call it the drowning method, cause they just get dropped in, cold turkey. I call it the survival method cause they WILL know how to save themselves if they ever fall in a pool (which I think should be mandatory for any kid who lives in AZ). I'm starting at age 18 months - 5 years. I did 3 3 year olds and a 2 yr old and after a couple days they were all swimming to the side all by themselves and the 3 yr olds were being dropped in. They have to turn around and get themselves to the side. I'm doing a 5 yr old and a 2 yr old right now and after 3 days they're both totally swimming. I'm not certified yet but I will be for next summer so if your kid needs swim lessons, this is the quickest way for them to learn and be able to save themselves. I love watching kids pick it up so quickly and to know how much safer they will be around water.

4 comments:

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

I love it!! Love swimming. I am having so much fun with Ashton in the pool. He loves going under. I totally agree with the dropping in method and letting them figure it out although Andrew doesn't, he doesn't even want me to put Ashton under. You will have to convince him when we come.

Natalie said...

Congrats on the new job! I've always love swim lessons and actually think it's a great summer job! You'll do great at it!

Loved the hula pics from your cruise!

andreamatrix said...

Looks like so much fun! I love letting my kids swim all day because they are so exhausted by bedtime! How awesome that you are going to teach swim!

Tami G. said...

Don't forget to mention that you are CPR certified and a Parks & Rec graduate and a substitute teacher and awesome with kids and PERFECT for the job!