Monday, December 8, 2008

Santa and Gingerbread House


Don't you love these pictures? So we get all ready to go see Santa Clause and this is how the night started. I thought this was gonna be a preview for how Madix would take the picture sitting on Santa's lap. (I was pleasantly surprised)

Tyler was so excited to sit on Santa's lap and ask for what she wanted.

"Ummmm, I want a popsicle." Yup, that's the first thing she asked for from Santa. If only life could be that simple that you just wanted a popsicle for Christmas. The thing is I don't know if she means popsicle or a lollipop. I guess I'll have to get her both.

Mads actually really liked sitting on Santa's lap, I couldn't believe it, she NEVER goes to strangers! She must've known he was someone special. Then hey did so good with pictures they got a sucker afterwords.


Okay, so this is our first attempt ever putting together a gingerbread house, really how hard can it be? Both of the roof parts were broken, but I just pasted them together with frosting and thought they'de be fine. So it started out looking pretty good.


Both the roofs came tumbling in!! Ahhhh! It was a goner. Madix loved the candy!


The end result, a pile of crap! $10 wasted, and 2 sticky kids.

10 comments:

Dre + Drew - Pacific Northwest Living - DuPont, WA said...

Good for you for attempting the gingerbread house. That was funny!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kimber! Your family is so beautiful! I love your kids :) Your gingerbread house was pretty while it lasted. I can't wait to do things like that with our baby when he gets bigger... Oh and last sunday Tyler asked me if she could have a popsicle at snack time... haha

Jenny Roberts said...

We're making gingerbread houses tonight. Hopefully, we have a little more luck.

Rochelle said...

Cute pics! I never do gingerbread houses because I've always had the same luck you did...roof ALWAYS giving way or the walls falling over before the frosting dries. I'm a gingerbread loser.

Nielsen Family said...

That is so great! Isn't it not how it is !!! I attempted making cookies and we had crying who got to do what and who got what cookie cutter...The pile of CRAP is so true...most of the time...when all we think we are doing is something SOOOO great for them and us! I LOVE YOUR TWO KIDDIES SO MUCH!

Nancy said...

at least you got a funny story with the house and two cute kids in lots of fun pictures! Love the boots!

Tami G. said...

Those are awesome pictures, Kimber. I totally laughed!

Natalie said...

Your girls are so cute! I love seeing how little ones LOOK at Santa, like "Who the heck are you? And why is my mom making me sit with you?"

Fun memories!

mph said...

Hannah was totally freaked out by Santa when she was about Madix's age. Notice how those gingerbread house kits taste like crap too? The gingerbread tastes like cardboard and even the candy tastes bad. Our kids still love putting them together though so I still get one every year. I think it would be cool, but a lot of work, to do a real gingerbread house.

Rochelle said...

We LOVE Meeka! She's seriously so cute! Mack really gets along with her well and Jayden wants to keep her just because she's a Golden Retriever. Anyway, have a good trip!