Friday, October 23, 2015

My 20 Year HS Reunion! And Baby Mae

My first time meeting my name sake Mae Berlyn Gordon.  Tami flew in for our 20 yr HS reunion and I am SO glad she brought my Mae baby.  Her middle name is named after me:)!  Kimber Lynn.
From Tami's Blog, I'm so honored....
She was born on July 31st, 2015 at 1:10pm after a peaceful inducement and a lovely epidural. She weighed 7 healthy pounds and 1 ounce, was 20.5 inches long, perfect and whole, spotless and blemish-free. Mae is a name we both loved and borrowed from Scott’s mom. Berlynn comes from the other person in my life (like Mae) that I didn’t really ask for, never knew I needed, but now could never live without. Kimber Lynn Schaub showed up and befriended me late in my highschool years, and the truth is I wasn’t looking for a best friend. I didn’t really NEED her. From a young age I had been blessed with more wonderful friends than any human deserves. But our two lives stepped onto the same path at the same time, and neither of us has stepped off since. We went away to college together, served missions at the same time, got married a week apart, and have since been supporting each other through all the highs and lows of life. Our whole family loves her like a blood relative, and everyone agreed we should use her name somehow. So, Berlynn may be a shortened and bunched-together version of Kimber’s first and middle name, but I love how it sounds and what it means.







We thought we should go to our 20 yr reunion looking like old mormon moms:)






Tami flew in from Kansas and Julie drove in from Vegas and stayed with me.  It was just like old time with these 2!



We drove by my old house growing up.
142 E Lemarche, yep I still remember 20+ years later
602-866-9902:)
We had so many fun nights playing kissing rugby in this front yard!

And we had to drive by our high school!

A group of us met at Barros for pizza, our HS hangout.
The 4 of us ready to go to our 20 year HS reunion.
Julie, Toria, Me and Tami


The "mormon" girls

The "mormon" group + Steve Blodget (my first boyfriend)

This reunion was way better than our 10 year.  SO fun reconnecting with so many old friends and reminiscing!
And yes, we even went TPing after!

No comments: